Linux

DeFrancoj

Spaceman
Obviously I'm jumping the gun here, but I'm sure this crowd will excuse my enthusiasm, since I've only recently discovered this project: Any word on the Linux port? It looks like I'm going to have to try to run this game on an emulated platform on my new mac (if I knew about these fan projects, I wouldn't have gotten a mac, at least not a PowerPC one!), and from what I gather from the net on this subject, it will run better on a Linux emulator. (I don't know dick about these issues :confused: )

There is a linux port for FS SCP, so I think it will work too with this game, but I'm not sure if that is a simple replacement of the exe-file or if it will need bigger changes to the game (which we haven't planned yet if so).

You might want to check out their Linux forum for that .I'm not even sure they already managed to make it run yet, but I'm certainly not the right person to answer technical questions on this issue :)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,113.0.html

Sorry, it stands for "Freespace SourceCode Project". These are the guys that have enhanced the original freespace engine within the last few years. And one of their subprojects is this cross platform development. The name FS SCP has been used for the upgraded engine since then.

But like I said, I have no idea if it works or not, but I remember a few posts that said it does :)

Back