Lexington-class Heavy Carrier

For missile launchers, I went back to the Kilrathi Saga and my WC3 manuals, and saw that the frigate had a pair of IFF missile launchers. So when I was trying to figure out the weaponry of the Lexington-class, I asked the model guy to put some IFF missile turrets.

Main threat to this carrier is going to be bombers and fighters, not capships, which is why the weaponry is more "defensive orientated". There's no capship missile launcher, nor anti-matter guns on this carrier. It's an aircraft carrier first of all, it's job is to stay on the sidelines and let the fighters do the job.

I love the design, coudn't of been done better. The armament seems fine to me, its placed in optimum positions so it covers the entire carrier well with no blind spots.

Again, great work

Eder said:
Yep, there's two small lateral hangars (I believe this was done due to a passage in ER that says something like "newer designs had two, even three launch bays")... they don't connect to the main hangar, or to each other.
And it mathces well with the SWC hanger setup (even though its not a Lexington-class there ;) )

C-ya

It makes sense, and also makes the Ranger class more interesting for have a capship missile launcher.

psych said:
For missile launchers, I went back to the Kilrathi Saga and my WC3 manuals, and saw that the frigate had a pair of IFF missile launchers. So when I was trying to figure out the weaponry of the Lexington-class, I asked the model guy to put some IFF missile turrets.

Main threat to this carrier is going to be bombers and fighters, not capships, which is why the weaponry is more "defensive orientated". There's no capship missile launcher, nor anti-matter guns on this carrier. It's an aircraft carrier first of all, it's job is to stay on the sidelines and let the fighters do the job.

I like the IFF launchers a lot...I just thought there would have been more point defense turrets, stuff more gauged at anti-torp/missile defense. Otherwise I think it looks amazing and I can't wait to try and keep them afloat...

SWC Tiger's Claw Rides Again

This also looks a lot like the Tiger's Claw in the Super Wing Commander series.
I have always wanted to fly those ships in a modern day (Prophecy or Freelancer quality) environment. Still keep an old Mac hooked up to my Windows monitor solely for the purpose of playing SWC. Hope with WCS that will fade into history!

I am almost always on a mac, and I'm trying to find an older PC to use so that I can play WC and my other PC games which right now are collecting dust in a bunch of boxes...

@Dundradal
I only say DosBox..no need to buy an old PC for gaming ^_^

@Lise
Yes its the ingame model and I like to fly through the hangar or watch it blowing things up ^_^

I figured I would get something that was top of the line in say 1999 or so that way it should be fairly moderately priced and be able to make all my old games look top notch...

"Moderate price" for something of that vintage is probably $100-150, if you can find one that still works anymore that has an owner willing to sell...

I just went back and was looking through some Armada stuff and I glanced at a picture of the original Lexington. That model is even closer to the original than I had thought. Beautiful.

No shit. Those look mighty impressive...could you post a shot with the lighting turned up a little too...

in the 2nd picture what is the ship in the upper right? right below where it says "viewing from" I can't tell if it's a cruiser or maybe a jutland? just curious...

I'm pretty sure there's no jutland there. Looks like a Frigate on the lower right, a Talahassee on the top, and some other cruiser on the left.

at first I thought it was a talahasse but the ass end looks flaired like a concordia or jutland or even confederation class...although now looking at it on a comp that doesn't have a shitty monitor I can see that it is a talahasse, but can you see what I'm saying what the stern looking really big?

Back