Let's make an FAQ!

NuAngel

Rear Admiral
Notice this?
http://forums.xbox.com/11812198/ShowPost.aspx#11812198

Fan-made FAQ's and game guides for Xbox Live Arcade Games. These games are notorious for lacking documentation. To EA's defense, they did a fantastic job with all of the PDF's released for Wing Commander Arena. Still, a simple, easy to find FAQ would probably be a great thing for both Arena, and the WC Community!

I think putting one together and posting it on the Xbox forums would be a great idea.

Now, my 360 is still at the service center in Texas, and I'm stuck waiting for a repaired one - but I just thought I would bring the idea to the table, considering there's probably already an FAQ somewhere around here.

NuAngel

Couple of ideas for FAQ material, with suggested responses

Q: "Why can't I perform this special maneuver?"
A: In most cases, if you don't have afterburner power (the curved line underneath your radar) you will be unable to perform special maneuvers. Also, some maneuvers aren't available to all ships; the Broadswords and Paktahns are unable to perform the "loop" and "Immelman" maneuvers, due to their limited maneuverability.

Q: "How do I lock on with missiles?"
A: For Image Recognition and Vampire missiles, you must keep the target in front of you for 5 [?] seconds. When you have achieved lock, your selected target will have a square drawn around them. Heat seeker missiles will track the nearest target on their own, while torpedoes and rockets have no guidance systems at all, and will fly straight in the direction you're pointing when you fire.

-----

Hmm, thought I had more, but whatever else there was slipped my mind. I'm sure I'll think of something later, but this might help to kick-start the brainstorming process.

(Oh, and on an adminstrative note, anyone using this thread to talk crap about Arena will be given a 1 week ban. Also, please don't post in this thread just to toss off some smart-ass comment, without offering any suggestions or constructive criticism about the thread topic, frequently asked questions about WC: Arena.)

Actually, I think the Vampire is heat-seeking, thus requiring no lock like the IR.

Q:"Does cloaking break missile lock?"

A: "No."

Back