• TIGER CLAW - Commanded by Commander Gerald

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • VICTORY - Commanded by Captain Eisen

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by LeHah

I'm only ungratful to people who need to make known that he's serving the country, but since this is the internet, everything said is taken with a pinch of salt.
\

I wasnt calling YOU ungrateful, but if the shoe fits, as they say.

Usually its hippie type pacifists who slap the military around for not working enough to suit them, and its the military that defends their rights so that they are able to complain. Funny the way things work.

But I think that the only reason the guy said anything about being in the military was to give strength to his statements about how things are in the military, not to get any gratitude from anyone.

Originally posted by Ripper

Usually its hippie type pacifists who slap the military around for not working enough to suit them, and its the military that defends their rights so that they are able to complain. Funny the way things work.

That sure is a good unfounded overgeneralization you've got there!

I dont get it. Unfounded overgeneralization?

I had to go look up pacifist in the dictionary to make sure that I was spelling it right, and the definition is "One who opposes military ideals, war, or military preparedness, and proposes that all international disputes be settled by arbitration."

I just put hippie type in there because those are the ones that you see on the news.

(Bet we could have arbitrated with ol Hitler and resolved everything without the military.):D

You'll have to excuse the posters, we've had some negative experiences with "servicemen" before.

Napoleon's stupidity aside, there's an been an odd series over the years of WC fans *pretending* to be servicemen for no apparent reason. So... I think people take someone claiming to be in the military with a grain of salt because of this.

The 'wrip your ass off' guy was just especially funny. :)

"I see!" said the blind man, to his deaf dog, as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Originally posted by Bellerophon
No doubt about is the Tiger Claw was a full fleet carrier with twice the fighter capacity of either of those ships.

The TC was a strike carrier, not a fleet carrier. The difference, I think, is the types of fighters carried (more fighters with capship killing abilities) and the weapons on the TC herself.

Hey, LOAF... did you ever write up that thing we worked out with the carrier numbers?

Originally posted by Hoops
The TC was a strike carrier, not a fleet carrier. The difference, I think, is the types of fighters carried (more fighters with capship killing abilities) and the weapons on the TC herself.
IIR LOAF correctly, fleet carriers form the centrepiece of a fleet formation - they're just your average, standard carriers. I assume strike carriers would have the features you describe, but they're also meant to operate a bit more independently than fleet carriers.

Originally posted by LeHah

But if Gerald is a ConFleet Commander, he must have done enough things right to get there. Yeah, Eisen is a nice guy, but Gerald is a good enough commander to be the Claw's Captain after Sanski bites the dust. That has to account for a lot; The Claw already had a history by that point.

Thats just your assumption. As I pointed out and alot of real life people through history have proved (IE Custer, Sturm, and Thorne) You don't have to be competant to achieve rank. Aslo Gerald got the call after Sanski gets knocked off because he was the executive officer. It was his job to take over. There were no other options because thats the way the military works.

That's just your assumption.

Not really.

Just because Eisen is a nice guy doesn't make him a better commander.

Who ever said he was a nice guy or that mattered? The fact that he listens is the key. He doesn't poll his people and go with the popular answer, He doesn't rely totally on other people's judgements but any good leader listens to those who they feel are competant and takes that into concideration when making their decisions.

Good to know. I'm sure you're someone's overpaid boss.

Alittle bitter aren't you?

Just because you're in the military, it doesn't make you William Manchester. Not to mention, you're comparing your own, most likely limited, experience in the military with that of a fictional character.

I'm not comparing fictional to real I'm comparing personality traits.

If you're protecting my country, I think you have better things to do than post here.

I said I have served in the Navy in real life. Not am serving. And I have as much a right as anyone else in these forums to post so get a life and don't take other people's opinions so personally.

I don't take it personally, I take it with a grain of salt.

Custer is an outstanding example of someone completely unqualified achieving high rank, and then doing well because he got the rank he wasnt qualified for. Funny how things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back