Votes: 17 42.5%
  • VICTORY - Commanded by Captain Eisen

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
Well, here is your typical, what carrier would win poll.

Here are the conditions:

Try to consider the facts that yes there are going to be severe differences in the types of fighters used between each ships because they are from different time periods. Try to think about your decision if they had similar fighter craft.

Well, I think the Tiger's Claw probably has the biggest numbers, and it's a strike carrier so it should be able to hold it's own in a cap ship fight as well.

The Tarawa is also somewhat like that.

The Victory I think is easily taken out, because it would have to rely soley on it's fighters for defense. The Claw could just rush up to it, broadside it, and then move out.

Granted, i haven't actually played a wing commander game in a long time, but i did love those games...as i remember it, the victory was old and not exactly the most high tech, flashy carrier, while the tiger claw was pretty badass...the tarawa i couldnt' say...if that's from WC4 i never played that one unfortunatly

WING COMMANDER: END RUN isn't a computer game. It can be as accessable as your local bookstore if you live in the United States.

The Tiger's Claw looks to be the victor IMO. The ship's versatility alone places it above the others listed on an individual standpoint. As it was said, the 'Claw can handle it's own fighting ship-to-ship. It could bum-rush the others and broadside them, and it wouldn't even have to launch more than point-defense fighters to get the job done. The Victory was pure carrier, and as such relied on support ships for close engagements. The Tarawa is fast (real fast), and should probably use that to the fullest, as it wouldn't last long against the TC, and should be satisfied with no more than seeing the next day. That is considering the ships' capabilities alone...now how about the brains factor? I vote for Bondarevsky as he has shown us time and time again that he's a wily customer! He would recognize the TC as the bigger threat and wait for it and Victory to finish busting each other, then calculate a strategy based on the layout of space, etc. As smart as Eisen is, the Vic still cannot hold against TC's power, so the fight would be between the wits of Jason VS the might of Gerald. Jason would best be having a clear mind, and a lot of luck for him to win, though!

I'd say the Victory. While it might not be able to take on the Tiger Claw in a broadside, nor did Eisen seem to be as extreme a leader as Bear (who would do crazy things...and make them work!), I'd still say that they would win.

Why? Well, carriers don't tend to often get into broadsides. Remember, Confed's rule that your carrier try to stay at least 30,000k away from the engagement? (That was in one of the books...which one?) And should the TC try to come up for one, the fighters on the Victory would have a lot easier time hitting the TC.

(As Ladiesman said, the Victory only has it's fighters to rely upon-so that would make the fighter pilots a lot more experienced in such a situation, and a lot more eager to take the fight to the enemy, and away from their carrier.)

Victory to the Victory! With a pilot as awesome as me, the other ships dont stand a chance!:D

Umm...

So you have an old "light" carrier that carries 40 fighters.
A converted freighter that probably carries a similar number of fighters (no hard and fast number).
And you have a carrier that carries 104 fighters, and is designed to operate on its own while taking the fight to enemy resources.
Hmm...
Sounds like a no-brainer to me...

Originally posted by Skyfire
Why? Well, carriers don't tend to often get into broadsides. Remember, Confed's rule that your carrier try to stay at least 30,000k away from the engagement? (That was in one of the books...which one?) And should the TC try to come up for one, the fighters on the Victory would have a lot easier time hitting the TC.

So? The TC would probably keep some fighters on CAP around it while it moved in after it's strike group of fighters.

The moral of all of this?
The TC would probably slightly outclass both of the other two carriers combined.

Originally posted by Ripper
Victory to the Victory! With a pilot as awesome as me, the other ships dont stand a chance!:D

I'm sure that if all of us were pilots, nothing would stand a chance ;)

Well at least it's the Tigers Claw. If it was a Confederation-class I doubt Terawa or Victory would want to stick around for long.

I wanna be on the one with the best captain out of the three ships.

Tiger's claw would EASILY kill the Victory, remember the Victory is an outdated piece of junk AKA "Tin Can Sally"... Tarawa is too light IMHO, so the Claw should be able to wipe them both out... now if the Concordia was in this wargame, she would easily win.

Originally posted by Wulf

Which do you think is the better commander?

Personally I would have to say that Jason is the best commander. Throughout all of the books he really showed a great deal of strategic knowledge at being a carrier commander. This is especially shown in WING COMMANDER: END RUN.

(I apologize, I think I may have mis-spelled his name in the poll).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back