Lend us your voice!

You guys must be some busy bees... on something.

So, Quarto how is that thesis coming or is it completed and Eder how many classes do you have for the fall semester: Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec?

So, is there still a need for kilrathi voices in Standoff, or did someone beat me to it? I'd really like to be a part :) UE2, too!

Oh, you're in. Just stick around, and whenever we have the necessary Kilrathi lines written down I'll contact you.
(should only be a few lines... the Kilrathi aren't gonna just surrender like in UE :p)

Ah, gimme a full blown Kilrathi character. A kilrathi commander or some such nonsense. Something fun.

I've gotten pretty good with doing a WCP kilrathi voice, but only when you slow the clips down quite a bit. Splice in some low growling (which you also get rather well if you slow the clip WAY down) and it sounds pretty slick. I wish my program would allow me to slow clips down and save them that way. It would rock.

Oh, we don't have any Kilrathi characters per se. The Kilrathi voiceovers we'll need are just for the lines which we can't rip from WCP.

However... If you feel like recording un-Kilrathized voiceovers as well, then you might get a character (such as a specific carrier's comm officer or something), we have plenty of specific human roles.

They don't wear red shirts in Standoff's time period, but yeah, maybe that'll work. :) Where's that link to your unedited, unkilrathized voice sample again?

The roles haven't been assigned yet anyway, so there's still time for me to decide.

As for Thrakhath... Well, nope.

uhh . . . I don't have any of those particular ones saved anywhere. Quarto has a couple that I sent to him. I was mostly being stupid.

Ah, ok. Q's away for the week, I think, but once he gets back I'll ask him for those samples. Then I'll figure out your role(s).

Eder said:
They don't wear red shirts in Standoff's time period, but yeah, maybe that'll work. :)
But of course you're aware that "redshirt pilot" in that context means the disposable secondary characters, named or not, witch are usually used as plot devices where one or more character has to die... aren't you ? :p

I'd voice a 3-lines redshirt. "Colonel, my cockpit's frying !", "Help me, help me for god's sake ! I don't wanna die !" and "Tell my wife and son I lov!aaaahhhhhhhggggg!!!" Or something cheezy like this :D

I think our smallest role in the entire game is the Smuggler Far Off The Normal Space Lanes, but that one's taken (Yeah, I know... damn! :p)

Sorry, the end credits easter egg role is also taken :p
But don't sweat it, I'll get you something to do, I told ya already. :cool:

Back