Lend us your voice!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
I'm really lazy, so here goes a copy-n-paste from the latest site update :p

Most voiceovers for the Prologue are well underway, and we're about to start writing specific dialogue for the main campaign... so this is a good time to start looking for voice actors and actresses.
If you have a good microphone and a good english, contact us via email to lend us your voice! We will need people for various parts, ranging from the smallest of roles to some of the main characters, so no matter how much or how little time you have, you can probably help us. We also are in serious need of female voices and Kilrathi voices, so if you are a member of the fairer sex or someone with disfunctional vocal chords, we really could use your talents! We're going with WCP-sounding Kilrathi, so if you can do anything like that (no matter what sound editing program you use, or wheter you can only apply this effect to others' voiceovers or record them yourself) you're exactly what we're looking for.

If you'd like to volunteer, just email standoff@solsector.net and I'll give you a test line to record.

*finally realises Eder is from Brazil*

Can I go completely off topic and assume, simply from my own steroetype, that you do capoeira? :p

Capoeira? I can't even play soccer! ;)

Seriously, though, capoeira takes a *lot* of agility and balance... only two or three of my friends do it, and only one of them does it right <G>... Oh, and my chemistry teacher from high school used to be a master trainer.

From some of the videos I've seen, it appears like ever Brazillian person on the street would just suddenly break out into Capoeira for no apparent reason. Like I said, stereotype :D

Actually, I trained in Capoeira for around 6-7 months, as we had a 'quatro-master' (or something like that, can't remember) over here in Adelaide. Me and a few friends went and tried it out, and loved it. I actually got pretty decent at it, went to a lot of shows and performed, ect. The fittest I've ever been was when I was doing Capoeira.

It's just sad that Junior (the instructor) went back to Brazil. :(

I've gotten 6 or 7 volunteers since the CIC news update... I still haven't gotten voice samples for all of them, though, so there's no telling which parts they'll get (and we still need more people anyway).

I sent you a wav yesterday. Today, I'll try for a Kilrathi voice as well.

Hey Eder!, how many candidates you have?
Well, I can not be one unless you need spanish-english voice. :D
Tell me if you need that!

Hey tango, we already have one of your countrymen to fill the "spanish accent" role ;) But if Ghost starts feeling lonely, I'll let you know :p

We've had about 8 volunteers so far, which combined with the people who already worked on the Prologue, is a good start... but I haven't gotten samples from all of them yet, so some may not be good enough for the major roles.

Actually, we'd still be one Death Ray and one Bad Guy Squadron short... :D

Once, Pedro though your accent was russian, though :p

I sure could use some. Can you email me a sample? The closer to WCP style, the better.

Now I'm kind of lost.

Ever since I've lost my WCP discs I sort of forgotten what the WCP style Kilrathi sounds like.
Is it like the Prophetess' voice during the intro?

Anyway, I'd like to contribute.

Will send a voice sample a.s.a.p.

-TheFraix

Back