LEGO Longbow and clay Arrow

TurboTim07

Rear Admiral
That's quite a nicely built Longbow. High marks indeed, as I know building with Lego Bricks at an angle can be tricky. I've always wanted to do a Hellcat, but I've never had the time.

O.K. Official artist critique. The Longbow looks pretty cool. Considering the medium, LEGO's, I'll give you an A+.

The Arrow, well, if you know what an Arrow is, you can tell that it's an Arrow. C-. Hey, it's a passing grade.:D

:) i could've done better probably on the arrow but i was in a hurry cuz i was doing it for a project. but thanks for your comments :D

Yeah, the angles and proportions aren't bad at all for legos. Now you need to fix the color. :)

I didn't dog him on the colors, well, because, which squadron is it from? I would think that each squadron would want to have a distinctive color scheme. And, well, it's distinctive.:rolleyes:

lol. that's what happens when you don't have the right colored blocks and aren't willing to paint them :) expect the Hellcat to be technicolored too if i ever decide to rebuild it. i also might try to remake a better version of a Panther i attempted a long time ago

and as for the squadron... if there has to be a squadron for it... hmmm... Block Breakers Squadron :p

Afraid the squad colors thing doesn't quite wash. Although there are definitely squad-distinctive markings (for an RL example, the white skull and crossbones on black tail fins that VF-84 had on their fighters before they were disestablished), the overall color scheme is standard across squadrons.

As someone who used to regularly model in Lego, I'm not going to twit the colors, as I've had the same problem myself, at times.

Death said:
Afraid the squad colors thing doesn't quite wash. Although there are definitely squad-distinctive markings (for an RL example, the white skull and crossbones on black tail fins that VF-84 had on their fighters before they were disestablished), the overall color scheme is standard across squadrons.

As someone who used to regularly model in Lego, I'm not going to twit the colors, as I've had the same problem myself, at times.

Some other squadron picked up the VF-84 colors, but I don't know which one.

Compare the WC 3 and WC 4 Longbows. Quite different.

the original pictures are 1181x1591 for the longbow and i forget the arrow size but it's quite large as well. but unfortunately photobucket shrinks the pictures if they're over 250k <these i believe are around the 5MB area> so it makes the pictures smaller :( and angelfire won't let me link to pictures that i upload there so.... :( but if i can find a place that won't do that then i'll be more than happy to post the pictures. i think this weekend <or maybe even tonight> i'll start reworking on a hellcat model <funny thing, i never build a model the same way twice in a row> and get a picture of that when im done.

on another note. i think my longbow's still intact <relatively> so i can take another picture of it and post that as well <and on a side note. the pilot minifig is Blair even though you can't see him and i also actually have a gunner inside too. two guesses on which face i used for Blair's minifig :p>

Ridgerunner said:
Some other squadron picked up the VF-84 colors, but I don't know which one.

VF-103 picked up the "Jolly Rogers" squadron name, but the black tailfin with skull and crossbones is gone, replaced by a low-visibility white (sorta) skull and crossbones on the gray (or whatever the color's technical name is, I forget offhand) that covers the entire plane.

well i just tried makin the hellcat <a better version than the ones i had made a long time ago> but i don't have enough sloped blocks x.x so it looks like the hellcat's a no go cuz while the first few versions i made i think were decent i didn't like the scale. oh well. maybe when i can go buy more sloped parts i'll build it and post a pic.

now a scimitar on the other hand.... it won't have a unique three slope taper look but it would require much less on the sloped blocks. hmmmmm.... i'll fiddle around someday and see if i can't make one cuz i've been wanting to for a while. just gotta figure out a way to do those intake thingies...

TurboTim07 said:
the original pictures are 1181x1591 for the longbow and i forget the arrow size but it's quite large as well. but unfortunately photobucket shrinks the pictures if they're over 250k <these i believe are around the 5MB area> so it makes the pictures smaller :( and angelfire won't let me link to pictures that i upload there so.... :( but if i can find a place that won't do that then i'll be more than happy to post the pictures. i think this weekend <or maybe even tonight> i'll start reworking on a hellcat model <funny thing, i never build a model the same way twice in a row> and get a picture of that when im done.

on another note. i think my longbow's still intact <relatively> so i can take another picture of it and post that as well <and on a side note. the pilot minifig is Blair even though you can't see him and i also actually have a gunner inside too. two guesses on which face i used for Blair's minifig :p>

Well, the Arrow picture doesn't need to be any bigger, but as it is, it's pretty blurry. There's no reason for a 1600x1200 picture to be 5 megs. You can easily jpeg it or resize that down below 250k.

Back