LEGO Commander salutes CIC

Death Angel

Rear Admiral
10 years CIC makes me feel pretty old ;-)

Nevertheless, today I spent a few hours to congratulate in the proper way - see below :)

Happy Birthday CIC!!!! Good Luck for the next 10 years!

Attachments

• LEGO_CIC_10th.jpg
    LEGO_CIC_10th.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 251
Okay I can make out "Lt Blair" on the guy in the middle, "Maj Taggart" on the guy on the right, but I can only make out "Cpt" on the guy on the left, who is he?

Still, it would make a great game. Great work

Okay I can make out "Lt Blair" on the guy in the middle, "Maj Taggart" on the guy on the right, but I can only make out "Cpt" on the guy on the left, who is he?

Still, it would make a great game. Great work

If you zoom in you can tell it says Devereaux

That's right - from left to right it's Angel, Maverick and Paladin.

...and above them it's Hornet, Hornet, Hornet, Hornet, Hornet and Hornet ;)

Paladin is not completely finished yet, his beard is missing, but I had no time to finish him in time - but that gives you the opportunity of a unique view on a shaven Paladin :D

What if someone subbed in these lego models for the regular ones in WC1 Remake? Could we get Lego Wing Commander then?

Regardless, this is awesome.

What if someone subbed in these lego models for the regular ones in WC1 Remake? Could we get Lego Wing Commander then?

That's unfortunately not as easy as it may seem. You get an extremely high polycount when converting the model from LDraw - the Hornet has about 300000 polygons which is far too much for a game model. The convertion tool, which is a very simple tool, has no detail settings for the conversion at all - so you have to live with the high polycount.

It would be neat to have all of the characters of WC1 in Lego

I'm working on it...

What I wouldn't do for one of those lego Hornets...

Well well well, what could you do for me...;)
...just kidding.

I still have to finish quite a lot of work on this project. But then I'm for sure willing to release the models.

~~~ yeah, LEGO W.C.

lmao... now there's a fun idea.... a W.C. version of Lego Star Wars!!!!!

-fighters and capships could explode into the blocks their made with

-could be the usual lego in-jokes like with the LSW (parts falling off, some people making odd jerky movements cause they're not "people" but "lego people" with all the limited movement of lego)

Lego Wing Commander would be awesome. Ships, game, the whole package.

The Lego games (both Star Wars and Indiana Jones) are very good and could easily be adapted to Wing Commander. A dream, yes, but a good one.

Can you imagine the Lego Blair-in-black and Lego Bioconvergence chemist doing puzzles in the Axius Superbase?

Back