Leaving Auto Pilot

C

Chad

I've only just done the prelude and mission 1.. but I'd have to say that UE dumps you out of auto pilot in the middle of the hot seat a few times (you are inside enemey gun and missle range in a few short seconds or immediedly after exiting auto-pilot). Personally, I liked having more spotting distance to start up my lines of attack and look at the situation.

And couldn't the BW send more than 3 ships to take out an entire Fralithi hangar worth of fighters? =)

Originally posted by Chad
I've only just done the prelude and mission 1.. but I'd have to say that UE dumps you out of auto pilot in the middle of the hot seat a few times (you are inside enemey gun and missle range in a few short seconds or immediedly after exiting auto-pilot). Personally, I liked having more spotting distance to start up my lines of attack and look at the situation.

get used to it, cause it happens alot :). my advice, pull up as soon as autopilot goes off, might give ya a few extra seconds

And couldn't the BW send more than 3 ships to take out an entire Fralithi hangar worth of fighters? =)

well, remember, the dauntless is down to that 1 squadron. can't send everyone off to fight the fralthi. gotta have some flying CAP, gotta have some on Alert-5, gotta have some on standdown for the next CAP, etc

Maybe I should go back to WC 1 and trash as many Scims as I can.. so when I play UE there won't be any Scims left - so maybe they would have Rapiers instead! I liked Rapiers! =)

Originally posted by Chad
They did :p. Once you find the Fralthi, reinforcements start showing up.

Hmm, yeah, that was something I didn't like - autopilot disengaging at the last second. It's not like you're taking a nap between navpoints and you only manage to wake up when you're ship starts taking hits. As soon as hostile craft appear on the scopes, the pilot should be alerted immediately, hence disengaging autopilot. Getting dumped into a hot zone happens sometimes in the official games too.

I thought that BW radar systems weren't too crash hot. That the maximum range they could detect was around 20 000 clicks. And visuals are hard to get at that range as well.

Oh, even WC1 radars could do better than 20,000 :p. As for why we did it this way... I remember for some reason it being preferable, but I don't remember why. Maybe we were just impatient ;).

Well,I dont care,I like that I go into battle immediatly!

Here is your reason TCSTigersClaw prefers it :)

I dunno, 20000 seems to be a rough limit on the radar systems in most games. I really don't pay attention until they come within 10000 klicks.

Wc3 and Wc4 range was about 25-30 000 I think, because IR and FF had a range over 20 000+ from memory. I wouldn't mind a couple of LRIR in UE2 because the main weapon that did anything was HS and DF, DF more than HS. Or give us some more DF. I love the instant kill thing!

Yeh, but you still need them on radar to get a lock...it's like in Wc4 when somehow I managed to get a radar lock on the Vesuvius about 100 000 clicks out, so just for fun, I launched the flashpak from there, since it's range is around 200 000 (I think)

Back