Last call for WCA DVD sets

I am very disappointed. I placed an order yesterday according to the timeframe of the ad and received a reply that the sets were no longer available. I am really confused here as I thought we had until May 31 (Monday) to place an order.

How much will the other vendor be selling the set and how do we order?

Matt Nelson

Blacklance Headquarters

Matt,

I know the forum states that June 1st is the "deadline" for ordering sets... though I think the frontpage is more accurate, stating that the sets "might only be available for a few more days."

If you are still interested in a set, I can *still* make one for you. However, please note that I am backlogged like nothing else. I had 6 orders come in just today, pusing the total up to 15 that I need to send out, ASAP. At the rate I'm going, some people might not get their sets until mid-June.

While I hate to turn you down, I only do so because I pretty much have no choice. If you would like a set, I can still make one, but it *will* take a good deal of time (2 weeks +) to arrive to you. NoMention might be a better option, as he could possible burn a set and have it out to you before I could. I'm just tossing out options ^_^

Everyone who has ordered a set and paid *WILL* get their set in the mail as soon as possible. If anyone, like Matt, is still interested in a set, I must recommend NoMention before myself, as you would likely get your set sooner that way.

If anyone else has concerns like this, please post them here. I want to make sure I hear everyone out, and do what I can to accomodate them. You've been a great bunch, guys, and I can't thank you enough for the response I've gotten from the DVD sets :)

*sighs, works on encoding the 5 remaining PAL sets...*

So you're passing the DVD Making torch to someone else then?

Hey commissar old chap,

No need for the refunds, I am happy and besides, with the happy state of the economy at the time It worked out cheaper than buying a new DVD here in the shops.

Everyone is happy, especially me.

Thanks mate

Commissar said:
Yup, NoMention is picking up the slack after I leave. What a guy

Well, with all the copies out there as is, itll probably spread quicker now.

(Think we could sell copies at D*C?)

If you are looking for an all out effort to burn copies, I would be able to help once I get mine in. As for selling at D*C you would probably need a both and those would be expensive.

Jim

I'm not going to D*C - my question was more along the lines of could we without EA breathing down our necks.

Commissar said:
Matt,

If you are still interested in a set, I can *still* make one for you. However, please note that I am backlogged like nothing else. I had 6 orders come in just today, pusing the total up to 15 that I need to send out, ASAP. At the rate I'm going, some people might not get their sets until mid-June.

..*

Thank you for your reconsideration.. That will be fine as I am in no rush. How do I pay you? I would like the $15 set.

Matt Nelson
BlackLance HQs

I just received a paypal reembursement - apparently I won't be receiving my WCATV DVDs despite the fact I had ordered them well within the time frame.

I am... disappointed.

If the original copyright holders for anything even vaguely SF/fantasy related actually bothered to actually go after folks violating copyrights at cons, the DragonCon dealer's room would be a ghost town, as far as movie/show/etc sellers go.

Erkle said:
but USA networks just might....

They'd probably be more concerned with thousands of people downloading the series before a couple people buying it on disc.

Back