Landscapes backgrounds

Cyberion

Master of Orion
hello there guys!

well, recently i've started to model and work on the different landscapes to master this field of modeling. (the work started after that Tank Battle wallpaper). What I wanted to ask you and offer is the following:

1. Do you have any uninhabitated planets in WCU? if so than
2. Are you able to land on all of the uninhabitate planets? if yes than
3. Do you have landscapes backgrounds?

I would be glad to model for you nice looking landscapes to fill the background at uninhabitate planets. Water landscapes, mountains, deserts, snow, lava...

If you need help Hellcatv, just drop me a line here, cause i'm starting my work and additional motivation (and responsobility) would be nice for me. Also I think you wouldn't mind to have those things aren't you? ;)

Anyway, that's what i wanted to offer.

Best regards,
Cyb

we need those for wing commander universe... not for privateer remake

WCU has a lot of empty planets..a.nd right now they look awful cus I found some image on google and used that for the generic landscape

You should make a nice planet for my system.

(Lesnick System, Shelus Quadrant, Argent Sector)

ya, I was asking for WCU, did I say Privateer remake?

well anyway, what type of planets do you need? and what's the amount and the size of the image?

For example -> 1024x768, 3 types of the desert landscapes and so on...

So far i can think about the water with islands (you have to land somewhere right? ;)) Snow, mountaines, vulcanic (lava), deserts, planes and the forest type (not sure if i can handle that type right now, but i'll try)

So? anything else? corrections to the resolution of the image? amount of landscapes of the same type?

well, i guess, red style, volcanic type will suit the kilrathi landscapes the best.

Sign me up into the developing team as the Background artist ;) Will done the work you won't regret ;)

alright, just so you can evaluate the quality of the backgrounds and the style i'll be doing them, here is the first background (still not done with it) i'm working on.

10nx.jpg

so is the design suitable for you? I made about 7 backgrounds in that style.

2 red desert, 2 yellow desert (dunes), 2 barren (lunar grey color), 1 snow.

will creat 1 more snow background, 2 water like, 2 volcanic, 2 Kilrathi (blood barren style) types.

this will be for the start. after this i'll be adding some additional backgrounds to increase the variety.

so in about a week or less, you should have around 14 backgrounds to start with.

The goal is to create about 30 different background types (enough variety i guess). amoung them 4 different Kilrathi styled backgrounds. (red skies, blood landscapes, volcanic type)

The Kilrathi are a race of sentient, space-faring non-humanoid bipeds. They are believed to have evolved from carnivorous pack-hunters, resulting in their belligerent and expansionistic territoriality. They are based off of their homeworld of Kilrah. Proto-Kilrathi hunting packs would conceal themselves along known game-trails, lie in wait until a herd of food-animals passed by, identify the weakest, most vulnerable prey, and execute a coordinated attack. Kilrathi have been hunting in this fashion, using instinct and natural weaponry, for at least 10 million years.
Wouldn't it be more likely they're from forest-type planets?

Lone Wolf is correct -- Kilrah's "magma planet" appearance is apparently a fairly recent change (compare WC3 to the description in End Run)... Wing Commander I talks about how the Kilrathi love forest planets (and hate water planets).

Bandit LOAF said:
Kilrah's "magma planet" appearance is apparently a fairly recent change .

IIRC Iceman carried a Big-Boom-Bomb to the forest surface of Kilrah, during the confed's final assault. Humans didn't know that the expolsion of the bomb may cause volcanic reactions around the globe. I guess the 'magma-planet" is our fault.

Bandit LOAF said:
Wing Commander I talks about how the Kilrathi love forest planets (and hate water planets).
Although most of the in-game pictures presented Kilrathi cities on the surface of barren wasteland planets.

ahahha guys, those are the uninhabitante planets... so it really doesn't metter what type it is. But i'll take into account that Cats preffer forest (it always reminds me of LOAF, do not ask me why ;)) and will creat more forest type planets. about 6 ;)

so far i've made 14 images. Here si the status on the progress:

first number means the amount i want to model, the number in brackets indicates the current amount i have modeled and rendered.

Barren - 4 (2)
Desert (red rock, dunes) - 6 (6)
Forest - 6 (3)
Mountaines - 4 (2)
Snow - 3 (1)
Toxic - 2 (0)
Lunar type - 3 (0)
Water - 5 (0)
-----------------------------------
Overall - 33 backgrounds

Also at the progress, i may creat more renders than i expect, so let's say 33 + around 5 ;)

IIRC Iceman carried a Big-Boom-Bomb to the forest surface of Kilrah, during the confed's final assault. Humans didn't know that the expolsion of the bomb may cause volcanic reactions around the globe. I guess the 'magma-planet" is our fault.

I don't think Iceman got anywhere near Kilrah... and the Tarawa made a point of not bombing the planet. Whatever happened between End Run and Wing Commander III was either a natural/industrial disaster or is some sort of ordinary seasonal change.

Although most of the in-game pictures presented Kilrathi cities on the surface of barren wasteland planets.

Eh, Wing Commander III could only render barren surfaces. :) The previous games had green Kilrathi planets -- Ghorah Khar, Hhallas, etc.

Back