Landreich

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Ok we know the different symbols of each group:

The Kilrathi red claw marks.

The Confed four points.

The Border Worlds... Golden sun with the blue crescent moon?

The Black Lance black triangle and lightning.

What is the logo for the Free Republic.

from this thread

Bandit LOAF said:
The Landreich flag is a white St. Andrew's cross on a black starfield, impaled by an upright sword with "Freedom Through Strength" is written below.

IIRC a fan made a mockup of it. I did a quick search but couldn't locate it.

I had someone make an image of the flag, I'll see if I can find it. it was pretty cool, I used it as an avatar for awhile.

Attachments

• Landreich.jpg
    Landreich.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 199
Ahh it just looked very similar to this one from a few years ago by Hammerhead in this thread

Attachments

• flag1.bmp
    73.3 KB · Views: 227
I think LOAF mentioned that the St. Andrews cross is inside a blue circle...

This could yet be useful in a fan project, because I was thinking about doing a Landreich campaign for Saga.

Ok, I'll give you that :p but I honestly think the sword on that ones a bit too small.

Maybe, but I like the simple sword as opposed to something ornate like you put in.

The Landreich actually has a lot of cool image-related things I wouldn't mind seeing one of our local artists take a stab at. I'll have to dig out my copy of FC later and get the descriptions for some of the murals mentioned by Bondarevsky.

To be pendantic, a starfield doesn't have to mean a NASA photograph of billions of stars. The stars on the American flag make a starfield, also.

I think LOAF mentioned that the St. Andrews cross is inside a blue circle...

This could yet be useful in a fan project, because I was thinking about doing a Landreich campaign for Saga.

Search through the Wing Commander Pioneer forum, in one of the ship threads (I forget which, off the top of my head), the Landreich fighters are shown with the FRL insigna, based on the Fleet Action reference.

I think that the roundel (i.e. the simple circular emblem put on ships and fighters) for the FRLR would be the simple St. Andrew's Cross over a solid field, without the sword.

To be pendantic, a starfield doesn't have to mean a NASA photograph of billions of stars. The stars on the American flag make a starfield, also.

This isn't pedantic at all, I think it's an excellent point -- and probably exactly what Mr. Keith was thinking when he described the flag in that manner. Anyone want to try their hand at creating a Landreich flag that looks like that (a star for each member planet, presumably)?

I'll have a stab at it. I love doing logo graphics.

Do we have any more information on it? How many member planets in the Landreich? Is the St. Andrews cross is inside a blue circle or not?

My copy of fleet action has gone AWOL unfortunately so I can't find the description of the flag.

Back