Landreich

landreichroundelnk8.jpg

thats how I had the roundel pictured sorta, I used it for an avatar at another forum. the sword would probably have to be simplified, but thats the gist of it.

I think we changed it for the opposite reason - the combined forces logo appears after the Battle of Earth at a specific time when the Confederation really, really likes the Landreich. My thinking was that the *Confederation* might have taken the sword from the Landreich as a gesture of good will for the allied symbol.

It still appears on the symbol in the movie in 2654, though; at a time where the Landreich is stil considered by Confed as something of a rogue state.

Seperate of the above, though, my personal artistic quibble still stands: the stars and cross are simple designs, and the sword from the Victory Streak cover is really, really complex. If a sword from a CF logo has to be taken, I'd say that it should be from the movie logo. I realize this seems to contradict what I'm saying above, but then I'm arguing these two points from different, and I don't tthink mutually exclusive perspective: if the sword is from the Alliance logo, take it verbatim; if not, it's a simple enouigh design that a few minor stylistic changes - the upward flaring of the blade edges, for example, as appears on some modern flags - can serve to distance it from the Confederation's logo.

Here's an example of what I mean (the infamous ADMIRAL TOWLYN shot):
combinedforces.jpg

Back