Lame insults you tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kazan said:
are you talking to me Lehah?

Yes - and I'm being pretty controlled about it. Watch everyone's politeness melt away unless you ease back on your own "attitude adjustments".

Kazan said:
maybe LOAF should follow that advice - burning FreeSpace CD's because you blame them for something they didn't cause (but you claim they did) is a little extreme - whether they actually did it or not

Maybe you shouldn't give a shit what someone else does if it doesn't affect you.

Kazan said:
"Burning CD"s reminds me of fundamentalists who are in the bush camp - immature, ignorant, etc - kinda like all those redneck's that burned dixie chick's CDs because they criticized bush

Wow - you'd make one hell of an awesome fascist.

And here I thought this insanity had calmed down...

Has anyone stopped to think about just how ridiculous this whole argument is? Now I will be the first to admit I'm new on these boards. But isn't this kind of 'spirited debate' a little much?

LeHah said:
Wow - you'd make one hell of an awesome fascist.

How does his comparison of bush supporters trashing dixie chick cd's qualify him as a fascist?

If anything it would make him anti-fascist...and yes, burning CDs is quite stupid just because they criticized a man who needs to be criticized. Brings back memories of the PMRC attacking Twisted Sister...and No we ain't gonna take, no we ain't gonna take it anymore!

Well, assuming the CDs are genuine - I find it quiet funny that someone paid for them, only to destroy them. I hate The Sims with a passion, it seems like a waste of time to me - but I don't buy copies of it only to destroy them just to try and prove a point!

I think it's funny that burning a $5 CD is all it takes to get the whole Freespace community foaming at the mouth.

KrisV said:
I think it's funny that burning a $5 CD is all it takes to get the whole Freespace community foaming at the mouth.

If the HLP forums are any indication, saying or doing virtually anything is enough to claim that dubious honor.

Kind of makes me glad that I only lurk on the project boards rather than the main ones over at HLP. It seems that, in the months I've been lurking on that board (far longer than I've payed much attention to this one), I've missed this kind of garbage for just that reason.

yeah I still can't believe this thread is going...I figured it would have been closed 3 pages ago...

Dundradal said:
How does his comparison of bush supporters trashing dixie chick cd's qualify him as a fascist?

If anything it would make him anti-fascist...and yes, burning CDs is quite stupid just because they criticized a man who needs to be criticized. Brings back memories of the PMRC attacking Twisted Sister...and No we ain't gonna take, no we ain't gonna take it anymore!

Thank you

It has nothing to do with his views and everything to do with how he goes about posting. He's do as I say, not as I do - normally something I'd cite as being a major hypocrite - but since he's only acknowleding things that help his needs/ ends/ ideals in a public forum, I called him fascist because he's picking and choosing facts and saying everything else is bullshit.

And though many people have good reasons to complain about Bush, the majority are whiney little shits who should be out feeding the hungry and saving kittens - not protesting which largely complishes nothing but ego masturbation. But I digress - thats a totally different topic.

In the end, this thread should be closed. It got progressively stupider, and I'm sure my fuel helped in that cause.

Kazan said:
Dundradal: dedicated thousands of man hours of your own time for free and then let it by attacked

I agree! An April Fool's update that has absolutely nothing to do with you is obviously attacking your thousands of man hours of work!

You decided to take something that had absolutely nothing to do with you and get offended. Sadly, I don't feel particularly sorry for people who go out of their way to feel offended.

I quite seriously can't comprehend how there is anything in that particular update that you could even presume to be directly attacking you or anything you've done.

Of course, after you decided to get offended, you felt it would be prudent to come and confront someone you don't know about something that has nothing to do with you on a public message board, with an inflammatory subjectline. You then proceeded to be rude to the regular board participants. You called for respect in your initial post and showed absolutely none, yourself. You sir, are a troll, and an ass.

The last one can be done in a civil manner - you are not acting civil. Go away

You're not exactly a shining example of civil behaviour yourself there, pot, so it'd probably be better if you didn't go around calling the kettle black.

maybe LOAF should follow that advice - burning FreeSpace CD's because you blame them for something they didn't cause (but you claim they did) is a little extreme - whether they actually did it or not

No, but burning and otherwise destroying CDs, media and packaging from other 'competition' space-sims makes an entertaining filler article for a Wing Commander themed website. Who the hell is stupid enough to think that destroying a CD is somehow going to get back at a game franchise? There's not a single piece of software that's been destroyed in the name of vaguely entertaining articles and fun that at least one person at the event didn't enjoy playing. I also like how you go and throw in random political comments that have nothing to do with the subject at hand, for some reason.

LOAF needs to justify his accusations logically - not just "oh they used it as reference for their possible product which they cancelled! so it caused the cancellation" -- that's a non sequitur

LOAF doesn't need to do anything.

Also, you've gone and misstated his previous assertions so that you can point out that they don't logically follow. It's also nice how you've decided to try and continue an argument with a person who isn't even here to debate.

This thread will probably end up getting closed in the near future, but it's mildly entertaining at the moment. However, the next person who decides this situation is somehow comparable to politics is going to get a good solid smack in the head.

I feel compelled to comment again. However, having nothing new to add to my previous arguments, I simply refer you back to them with the knowledge that they still stand.

What flavors are there? Strawberry, Grape and what else? I think theres Watermelon.

I actually really like how Big League Chew is packaged, in that it's a finely variable portion of gum. I also think the flavors are better than most other bubble gums, but I'll tell you I don't really like the association with chew tobacco.

I don't have much against folks who chew tobacco, it's their own hobby, they can do what they want, but I am repulsed by saliva, even my own, and I don't like the idea of salivating all over something for the purpose of spitting. Nor do I really like how the gum really does make you drool like a frigging dog.

Plus, while I was still just developing my fiery hate of all living animals, especially humans, playing baseball with the other kids on the weekends and after school, I learned to associate Big League Chew with assholes who can't speak their own language.

The little dumbshits would constantly pronounce it "Biggalychoo." One word. Some syllables that don't belong in place of others that do... Plus they sucked at the game. So at the end of the day, I associate the completely innocent gum with horrible people and experiences. It's tragic, really, but I'm not a big gum fan anyway.

I'll tell you, though, what I effing love that also could be purchased from the little stand amidst the kiddie baseball diamonds: them nachos. I ain't had really kickass nachos in even longer than it's been since I had Big League Chew. Oh well...

Frosty said:
I ain't had really kickass nachos in even longer than it's been since I had Big League Chew. Oh well...

Badass nachos are hard to come by. The bar near me has decent ones but nothing amazing. And the Senior Panchos near me (I'll assume theres one around the Olde Saybrooke Manor, theres tons of these fuckers in this county) sucks dick and thats a friggin mexican resturant.

The only thing more satisfying than a good plate of nachos is a really good beer shit. The kind that pulls a knot out of your back.

But back to food, I went to Hometown Buffet this weekend and they had the most friggin dank orange chicken ever. All you can eat for $10, no tipping. I was all over that shit like FDR to corsets. And all the ham you could eat with scalloped potatos and french fries and mashed potatos. You can sit there and do nothing but stuff your piehole for 3 hours. It was such a good feast that I went home and immedeately punched my mom in the face and then drank some dandelion wine.

But they didn't serve Nachos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back