Lame insults you tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya,
I can scan more in the future, but here's something that helps illustrate my point:

wcvsfs.jpg

This is from the 'research' portion of the v0.1 Privateer Online proposal. Basically, they go through and explain what the competition for the new game will be and why EA corporate should risk money on WC. It's focused around Freespace, with FS2 and a 'Descent Online' (which, IIRC, also got killed after FS2) as the serious threats (with one reference to I-War in European markets).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalfireth said:
Edit: To LeHah
How did he shoot it down then? No point in making a claim like that unless you can point us to the evidence and let us make up our own minds. No offence, but I can only fairly make my mind up if I've made up my own mind - I won't take your word for it.

LOAF has 11,588 posts to his credit. He's gone over this subject countless times. If you want proof, you only need to go look back in some previous threads.

To be fair, my high postcount really only means that I'm a horrible loser (G) I'm happy to discuss this topic whenever it comes up.

I was attempting to show that your high post count was also used in inane arguements such as these.

Oh, I understand, and I appreciate it - but someone from another community doesn't know me or my reputation here or any of that. That's why situations like this come up in the first place.

Bandit: Cheers, I've got to head out to a mates house now but I'll look over that when I get the chance to.

LeHah, firstly posts mean nothing. I've 9000+ on Hard Light which I helped to co-found with Setekh, and he has over 14000. The number game means nothing with regards to this debate. As for evidence and him going over this countless times - as you can see I've only registered here and posted here in the last couple of days. I know nothing about your forum structure or where I can find suitable references to this debate - infact searching for Freespace2 mostly bought up threads about the WCS mod.

Ergo, either tell me what to look for - specifically - I'm not going to spend my time looking for something just because you say its there. Or try and be a bit more constructive. Post counts don't impress me - I'm posting here so I can hear the thoughts, opinions and facts of this community which Bandit has helped to put forward for me to look at. Telling me he has lots of posts does not change anything whatsoever.

I'm just saying you're playing Repetative Questions Waltz no.40. And that the conductor is usually LOAF.

LeHah:
And what he is saying is prove it. Which you apparently are refusing to do.

All you have done is spout words with nothing to back it up. Post a link for gods sake. Back yourself up or all you'll be is hot air.

It's morons like you, Frosty and psych that are making me seriously reconsider continuing my project. ie Why should I create something for people like you. Because, from what I have seen, heated arguments that go nowhere are common place on these forums.

Don't judge the whole community(over 2,400 members and numerous lurkers) by the actions of a few(less than 50).

It's morons like you, Frosty and psych that are making me seriously reconsider continuing my project. ie Why should I create something for people like you. Because, from what I have seen, heated arguments that go nowhere are common place on these forums.

This isn't really a heated argument - I think we're discussing things rather calmly and intelligently right now. I'm not really sure what your project has to do with any of it.

sigma_nunki said:
ie Why should I create something for people like you. Because, from what I have seen, heated arguments that go nowhere are common place on these forums.
If your not doing something like this for yourself or because you like it, your in it for the wrong reasons. A fan project whose intent is to just please others is a huge waste of time since you sure as hell aren't gonna please everyone. I'm pretty sure everyone whos ever seen a project through to completion (be it fanfic, mod, or compiling a database) has done it because they like doing it, not because they are trying to appease the masses.

C-ya

sigma_nunki said:
LeHah:
It's morons like you, Frosty and psych that are making me seriously reconsider continuing my project. ie Why should I create something for people like you.

Are you calling us morons cause we act like assholes (or as Major Striker says, like Piranhas!), or because each of the trio you just mentioned has a resume in this community that's 10x longer then yours?

To add some project mentality philosophy, I didn't make the Fleet Tactics page to specifically please guys like you. I already knew beforehand that when it comes up, people like you and Major Strike-my-ass-hard and KaZan would still call me an asshole and an utter moron and still be in complete denial that I actually do contribute something worthwhile to this community.

I did that page cause I wanted it done. I felt the community needed a page like that, so I went and did it. And almost everyone who seen the page really liked it . . . not because my intentions was for them to like it . . . but because I did it to the best of my ability. I did that page to the best of my ability without caring what everyone else thinks, and the positive feedback was a direct result of that.

As Viper said, you need to rethink your reasons. Or else you'll be up there with all the other failed projects, ringing the quitting bell 3 times. Or you can be like Antman, getting all pissed at us and saying "I'm leaving the WC community! You assholes don't deserve a fan project!" and you can follow him all the way to the BAnStik, just like he did.

Whatever you do in the future with your project, that's up to you. We can't make your decisions for you.

Bandit Loaf:
You miss my point. It doesn't matter that you are calm now, it's what has happened. And for that matter what happens regularly.

As for what it has to do with my project and why I am doing it.

I am doing it because I like to program and I saw some quite challenging intellectual hurtles to overcome. I am doing it because I like WC and I saw a need to revive this type of WC game.

That being said, there is also the fact that I will be servicing a community by creating the game. And for what I have seen a somewhat childish community (at least a good portion of the regulars to a good extent). ie It seems every time I come by there is an argument of one kind or another.

This will and has put a bitter taste in my mouth as I see people in the community that in fight that the community tolerates for some unknown reason. I have seen people that have been banned merely because a difference of opinion. Threads locked for no good reason, etc.

These things have saddened me and have now come to a point where I don't know if I can continue the project for these reasons.

psych:
You make my case in point of your assholeness.

Failed projects mean that that person doesn't have the skill to complete the project. This in my case is a complete lie. If you know how to read C, Perl and Python go to my project page and look in the CVS repository. You'll see that not only is the completed parts working but the structure is there for all that will follow, I need only code it.

To the CIC staff:
If one of you could snag my email from the db and contact me that'd be great.

This will and has put a bitter taste in my mouth as I see people in the community that in fight that the community tolerates for some unknown reason.

So... your complaint is that people on the internet are jerks? I mean, even ignoring the *duh* factor there, you feel that the best way to express this complaint is to butt into a completely unrelated thread acting like a jerk yourself?

I have seen people that have been banned merely because a difference of opinion. Threads locked for no good reason, etc.

Didn't you just get through gleefully chastizing LeHah for this *exact* sort of unspecified claim? Give us some examples - I'll be happy to explain why threats were closed or people were banned.

These things have saddened me and have now come to a point where I don't know if I can continue the project for these reasons.

Now, maybe I'm in the dark here, but WHAT THE HELL? If people arguing makes you sad (and lets face it, ???) you should probably stay away from the internet alltogether. And, if possible, people.

To the CIC staff:
If one of you could snag my email from the db and contact me that'd be great.

Why would we do that? If you need to contact us, our e-mails are posted at the front page... or you could PM us... this isn't some kind of internet limo service. "Hi, I e-mailed you to let you know that you wanted me to e-mail you. Seeya."

Viper61 said:
If your not doing something like this for yourself or because you like it, your in it for the wrong reasons. A fan project whose intent is to just please others is a huge waste of time since you sure as hell aren't gonna please everyone. I'm pretty sure everyone whos ever seen a project through to completion (be it fanfic, mod, or compiling a database) has done it because they like doing it, not because they are trying to appease the masses.

Indeed. Do you remember that WC2 remake mod I started coming up with some time ago? Well, I quit that because I got bogged down with learning the programming, I didn't want to play through WC2 to make a remake of it, and my heart wasn't into. Another project, that ya'll don't know about, I started was writing fanfic and expanding the story and basically turning Primarch's Alien Legacy into an actually mod. Well, writing room code was a bit above me and writing combat fanfic I don't like doing, so I lost interest.

As for the mod I am doing right now, I have help in making it and will have several free months to work on it "full steam," and a better understanding of pascal coding than I did before. This can't be too hard. :p :D ;)

psych: keep trying to pick a fight - every time you do you just prove him right

You tried to get in my face on the HLP earlier - same thing goes for your behavior here

Until you grow up and act nice you're not going to get a response out of me Oh Savior of Public Relations

Yeah, people here don't question pysch's knowledge or workethic(or something like that) but people hate the way he acts on these boards and his absolute lack of tact in just about everything he says.

Oh, yeah, I agree, lots of people here are jerks - myself often included. It comes with the insular community created by so many years of no games. Psych and Frosty are both good guys who are there when it matters... and I may not agree with how they treat some people, but I'm not going to ban them for it. (It's also worth noting that almost no one is ever banned permanently - the current ban list is three names long...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back