Lame insults you tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll poke my nose in to say that this has got to be stupidest thread I've seen that wasn't even remotely funny. I mean, stupid threads are usually at least somewhat funny, but this thread isn't. Well, except for LOAF flipping the bird, and the whole car analogy zing.

(never played fs2, but I probably will simply because I'll want to play WCS)

overmortal: you won't be disappointed by WCS - they're doing a great job

(*paranoid look* i like playing it on the FS2 engien more than I liked playing the origional fs2 on the fs2 engine *paranoid look*)

Iceblade said:
That would be so funny if it was "A." getting his tail blown up! :D :D
HAHAHAHAHA :D :D

"Quiet!!!"

Oh, it is. HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!! *hits head on table from laughing*

You can keep on laughing Iceblade. Yer in it too.

mod02.JPG

(This is from an early version, with old-model capships, plus I posted this a few months ago so we're not spoiling anything . . . except Iceblade's pride.)

that's weak compared to what you see on my system

(i have a nice rig so i turn all the purdy features on)

/me goes and does a shield mesh for the sheffield

Hey psych. Now that we are done with the small things can we start to leak the important stuff?!? :(

Lynx said:
Hey psych. Now that we are done with the small things can we start to leak the important stuff?!? :(

Hey bro (Lynx),

This pic was from a long time ago, so if people hadn't seen it then, they can see it now.

Nah, I like to keep the biggest insults/inside jokes we have confidential. And of course, we won't mention the plans we have for all the other like-minded people ;)

But as you have requested, I'll find some way to add our newest "friend".

And Iceblade, the Burma Tigers are an established Hellcat squadron during Wing Commander 3. It's on the CCG.

It has been a while since I played WC3. Does the 6 mean I am sixth in the squadron or just in this mission's wing assignment like Alpha and 2.

It’s a known fact FS2 was a commercial failure. But it seems more a consequence than a cause of the decline on the space combat sim market. It did get good reviews, but even if it was an awful game, it can’t be blamed alone for the entire problem. There were bad space combat sims before FS, just as bad RTSs, FPSs, and it didn't destroy those genres.

What, of course, does not warrant any sort of stupid FS fanboy attitude.

Meh, ignore this, took too long typing it ;)

Edit : Awful is a matter of opinion really, there is a massive split in opinion about X2, I love it, but many people on HLP hate it.

There have been weaker things done by Saga. Like some of the humor in yesterday's demo. Although the final capship was worth it!

edit: my tuppence, since the HLP boards seem to bastardize Ye Olde English:

FS2, as entertainment, generally sucked. The FS2 engine, and what people are doing with it, ranges from cool to amazing (I cant say as ive seen something that actually SUCKED in a FS2 edit). The lack of distinction seems to be what people were getting pissy over, thanks for stopping.

While editors are paying attention, is it possible to edit speed/distance gagues to reflect WC as we know it?

Wow, am I ever late on this thread. Just a few passing comments...Freespace 1 & 2 respectively were ultimately failures as games in my mindset...they had no story, no plot, no character interaction etc. However, that being said, I felt their game engines were beautiful. Yes, better than Wing Commander Prophecy (I know, sounds like blasphemy). But it's true, the Freespace 2 was a beautiful engine and the capabilities it possesses are fantastic (mainly due to the efforts of fans). Loaf, I respect your opinion, but Freespace did not kill the space sim industry. That's a joke in and of itself. Wing Commander was shelved due to EA's short sightedness. A sad blow to us all, but like you said maybe today's news is something to take courage in. The space sim industry is gradually recovering thanks to the success of Starlancer, Freelancer, X-BTF, X-2000, Eve, Earth & Beyond, etc I'm not saying these games were any good but they were released on the market and they did make enough money to be marginal success stories in some form or another. Finally, I have to agree WC Standoff looks to be the most impressive looking WC mod I've seen yet, it stacks up very well to WC Saga even though both use different engines (of which, both have their limitations). Finally, I have to say this...Psych, you're a moron...a complete and utter one. You really think you're responsible for keeping "friendly" relations between WC Saga and CIC???!! You have the friendly manner of a piranha...you couldn't be friendly if someone paid you to be nice. You may be a lot of things for the Saga team, but you are not friendly. You jump on new members and berate them for their ignorance, you smash their contributions and in general you're completely arrogant beyond measure. IF you truly are the "public relations" person for WC Saga then I strongly suggest they reconsider that, if they want to truly have good relations, that is. Finally, Karzan or whatever your name is, you made some pretty stupid points and sparked needless hostility on a WC forum. Freespace is a love or hate game, either you love it or you hate it but no matter what the case, you are going to change someone's opinion by posting tons of pictures of the game's engine. Whew, that's my two cents and more.

The thing going on with the HLP forums english is an april-fools joke they haven't bothered to lift yet

the hud is extremely hardcoded it seems -- one of my many reasons im trying to get the ferrium engine off the ground

Whoever it was that asked:

Yes, I'll still be around for another month or three. I can't actually enlist until I lose a few more pounds. After that, there's a three month delay, during which time they prepare you for basic training, both physically and mentally. If my lines are delivered to me in that time, I can finish them. Otherwise, they'll have to wait until I'm out of basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back