KS wc3 video playback

Romale

Spaceman
okay i have saga and im trying to play the video for wc3, i used the tool listed for wc3 to extract but the player wont work.. i think i figured out a work around but i dont have a blank cd to try it, are there any other ways to play the wc3 video?

okay i found a cd burned wc3.exe and wc3w.exe to it, so i got that part working.. now its asking for xanlib.dll which is in the directory playmve is in anyone got any ideas?

The Kilrathi Saga version uses the xanmovie player for certain movie things. You can substitute the DOS discs in for KS, but you might not be able to use the KS discs for things designed for the DOS version.

welp i got the thing working.. sort of, you see the entire reason i wanted to watch the video is i can't get the game to work on my computer and its the only wing commander game i've never played. so basicly right now i can extract the .mve files, and even get playmve to load it up as the starting movie which i can watch before wing commander 3 stops responding, but then u see my computer hasta be reset to i can playmve, watch the one move and reboot my computer... this doesn't really work for me:p how come no one gotten winamp or some other media player to play it yet?:p

Romale said:
how come no one gotten winamp or some other media player to play it yet?:p

Because they're a nonstandard format and HCl's player works fine for most people. Your inability to use the movie player might be related to your troubles getting the game itself to work. You might look into fixing the game instead.

Back