KS question from a new guy

I recently obtained a copy of the Kilrathi Saga. I installed it tonight and realized that no mention is made of the Secret Operations missions for WC1 or WC2. They are not refered to on the box, the game's documentation makes no mention of them (unless I missed it), and the install program/start menu offers options for WC 1, 2, and 3, but no Secret Operations. What gives?

They were offered for download for free. You can get them in the files section here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure somewhere on the box it does say they are available online for free....

Well, sort of......

Dundradal said:
I'm pretty sure somewhere on the box it does say they are available online for free....

Upon futhrther inspection I found a claimer on the bottom left corner on the front of the box. It says: "More missions available online!" with Origin's URL. I guess they were refering to the Secret Ops. My bad. Thanks for the help!

Huh maybe it was on the shrink wrap, but I thought there was a big sticker that said "SM and SO available free online" but atleast you know now :)

The box refers to the Secret Missions disks, which were made available at Origin's website the day KS shipped.

At first, mangement decided not to issue the 'Special Operations' disks online... but the team revolted and demanded that they be made available. And so they were, about two weeks later (missing music, though - the 'original' SM1/2 music was on the CD awaiting its downloaded counterpart... not so, the SO1/2 music). And now you know... the rest of the story.

(Actually, originally KS was to have all the addons included... they wanted to get some online usage data, so they decided to do them online instead. I've got a mockup KS box somewhere that claims all the SMs and SOs are included.)

So the original Secret Operations and Secret Missions had different music and all? What other features were different in the original?

Well, they all had different music - since the music in KS is digital, and has been reorchestrated by George Oldziey. The issue is that the Special Ops addons had a few pieces of music that were in the original but just weren't there in the new version.

Back