Kris/Chris...urmmm, & everyone else - A Suggestion.

Primarch

Spaceman
A suggestion to you Admin guys...

How about an Off-Topic Forum where we can discuss and post non-Wing Commander things?

This might be a good idea since you seem to be having a major problem lately with any non-WC topics posted in this Forum...

(Another idea might be having a Sugestion Forum, so I wouldn't have to post things like this in here
biggrin2.gif
)

------------------
'Do what thou wilt. So mete it be'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
The Fanfiction Archives

You guys are forgeting that the CIC has a limited bandwitch. They can't allow you to post any kind of non-topic posts because of that. Posting off topic sometimes is acepted, but making a new forum for off topic posts would be stupid.

Besides, there are BB's where you can go and discuss whatever you want, like The Bar.

Limited bandwith
smile.gif
? Well, yeah, in the sense that it's precluded from posting large mp3s and hundred meg AVI's... but CZ's take up very, very little. They just like bossing yall around...
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really see any need for a seprate off topic forum... I think off topic posts (non-flammable off topic posts, that is) should be allowed in this one -- it's not like we're expecting a big rush of "HOW DO I FLY THE KATANA IN PRIVATEER ONLINE???" posts any time soon...
smile.gif

One of the keys to maintaining a tight knit fanbase over the next several years is, IMHO, to allow people a certain degree of freedom....

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

We could keep an archive of rulings and individual "cases" so there's less confusion. Just my two cents.

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

The rules are quite flexible, and we tend to be extremely tolerant. That is, until _somebody_ starts posting stupid, highly irritating links. Needless to say, then we lose our patience, and crack down on _any_ rules violation, no matter how slight. Remember, we're only human. Irritate us at your own risk.

Sort of like the supreme court. If you guys (the admin) dont want to take full brunt of any controversial discipline, just title someone evil dictator for life of the WCCZ and submit all decisions to him. Just a thought...

------------------
I don't respect your authority BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE!!!

Kalkrath:

Primarch did it first.
Ok... so when I go on a killing spree, it's perfectly all right, because somebody else did it first? Don't you dare EVER use "[name] did it first" as an excuse.

Primarch's link was more amusing than annoying. And it was the first one, so we saw no need to start making noise. Now, I didn't check your link (I rarely pay any attention to where your links lead
smile.gif
), but from the reactions, I gather that people weren't particularly happy with it...

Chernikov: Taking the full brunt of our controversial decisions is not something new to us (us being the moderators and the admin). We're not at all worried about it. The evil dictator thing, on the other hand, simply doesn't work out
wink.gif

No evil dictator? Pity. I was going to have SO much fun...

------------------
I don't respect your authority BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE!!!

That's ALL?

...Then again, nobody is allowed to insult anybody else, and I guess that includes me too. Suffice to say, Kalkrath, that leading people into a site with infinite pop-ups is not very wise.

[This message has been edited by Quarto (edited April 21, 2000).]

Maybe it's just that it's 0509 here, and I should have gone to sleep at least five hours ago, but... what are you on about, Kalkrath?

Yell at him? Why? You're the one who posted the link, and as such you're responsible. Now, quit squirming and shut up about the damned site. You're responsible, don't do it again. Period.

Back