Krant

Nice model, I like the green/light green coloring.

The Krant looks very vaguely like a space capable "Twin Mustang"
xf82-2.jpg

Still another possibility
Its purpose was to provide a fighter carrying a pilot and co-pilot/navigator to reduce fatigue on long-range bomber ecsort missions.
http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/fighter/f82.htm

Plywood Fiend said:
So if one cat pulled the stick one way, and the other pulled the other way, would the fighter split in two?

Maybe its like the Intrepid, in this case two fighters joined together.

Nah,

I'm going to stop spouting foolish theories now and simply say that its a nice looking model.

Hehheh, funny! However, as such in training vehicles today, the instructor's control movements override that of the student's as a safety measure.

Is there any record of the Krant being used for strike missions? Otherwise it wouldn't need a second crewmember.

Edfilho said:
Is there any record of the Krant being used for strike missions? Otherwise it wouldn't need a second crewmember.
Because...?

One possible non-strike-related reason has been provided just two posts earlier - long-range missions that require a second pilot to reduce fatigue.

(and yeah, we see Krant in a number of anti-convoy strike missions in WC1... I don't remember for sure, but they probably also attack the Tiger's Claw at some point, since just about every other Kilrathi fighter does too)

I believe I mentioned the Krant's role as a dive bomber earlier in this thread. There's a Krant variant with a pair of torpedoes.

I can't whait to see your Krant in fleet colors, Maj. Striker. It's really great. Will you model any ordinace on it? (torpedo or missiles slung under the wings) ...or am I getting ahead of myslef here...

Well since you mentioned it...yeah, I think I model some missiles for it as well. I will also go back and redo the lasers they were ones I made quite some time ago that I borrowed for the look. I think I'm also going to redo the "necks" and I'm not satisfied with the cockpits either. I tried a different look for them already but like the new ones even less. I'll try to get an update tonight.

Lookin great as ever, though i'm having trouble noticing the changes. How much was a 'slight' update?

Is there any record (in-game or literature) or the Krant being atmospheric capable?

It would serve well as an insertion transport that way, with the inserted Kilrathi seated in the second cockpit.

Meh...a vehicle that can only carry one troop is not a very effective transport. In my opinion. Couldn't be very cost effective.

Maj.Striker said:
Meh...a vehicle that can only carry one troop is not a very effective transport. In my opinion. Couldn't be very cost effective.

No, I wasn't commenting from a mass troop transport perspective (in which you would be correct), but more from a single/small group perspective.

E.g. insertion of a spy, ground scout, or the like. Maybe something like a small group needing their own transport out.

sweet lookin forward to see them soon
what inspires you to do these models?
would love to know how to make em

Back