Known Issues

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
Shader support: Saga requires a 3D card with Shader 3.0 support. Some features, like normal maps, will not work if the computer fails to meet this requirement.

ATI compatibility: Current ATI drivers contain a bug that prevents certain shaders from compiling correctly. Normals maps will not work on ATI HD 4xxx series or older. Solution: install older ATI drivers (mid June 2010), copy atioglxx.dll into the game's directory, and re-install the new ATI drivers. Newer ATI cards should work properly.

Antialiasing: Antialiasing is not supported in Saga. To have it work in game, it has to be enabled externally using your video card driver's settings. This works fairly consistently for NVidia cards, but only has intermittent results with some ATI cards.

Installation as another user: If you install as another user, the cache files will be installed for this user. If you run the game as a different user, it is essential to copy the folder Volition (located in "My Documents") into the "My Documents" folder for your Windows user profile.

Default sound device: Sometimes the sound device might not be detected correctly in the launcher. It should be set to generic sound device by default.

No sound: If voice files appear to be missing while playing the game, check under the "Audio" tab of the launcher to see if you are running a hardware mode for sound. If so, switch to "Generic Software." This should correct the problem.

False Positive: Some anti-virus (most notably ESET NOD32) may report a false positive and detect wcsaga_sse2.exe as a virus/worm. Tell your anti-virus to omit this warning.

Here is a temporary work around for all of you, who have sound issues. It appears as if the launcher does not save sound config correctly on a fraction of systems. While we are working on an update, please give this "hack" a try:

resonansER said:
I solved this problem! Yeessss!!!
Tip:
When you write to this line
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Volition \ WingCommanderSaga

"Generic Software"

DO NOT LAUNCH GAME FROM LAUNCHER (BECAUSE LAUNCHER TURN OFF you changes), ONLY FROM wcsaga_sse2.exe and ALL BE alright!

I have sound now!

ATI Catalyst 12.2: The majority of the crashes seem to be caused by the ATI Catalyst driver, where your driver version is 12.2. Make sure you update to the newest Catalyst 12.3 driver.

Back