Knights of the Old Republic II....just finished....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
I got Kotor II about 2 weeks ago...compared to Kotor I thought the story was kind of a let down. My first time through I decided to be the ultimate jedi. I finished the game pegged on Light Mastery with the wisdom bonus. The story seemed interesting until I got all the jedi masters to meet at dantooine and refused to give up the force again. Kreia comes in goes house and then I just end up on malachor v...I didn't get an explanation for ending up here really, just a few conversations that didn't really explain everything. I didn't learn a lot of the plot points until I checked out starwarsknights.com and checked out the influence walkthrough. Was wondering if anyone else got the same impression on their first playthrough?

I thought the new force powers and combat forms were cool as well as the ability to turn a large portion of your party into jedi knights. The play through time is also a bit longer than Kotor I although not always as challenging. The end of Kotor II is much easier than the Star Forge of the first game.

yeah i got the same thing when i played it. you have to play a certain way in order to get everything right. unless you want to go completely dark and just end up killing everything in sight.

I know what ya mean. I thought the ending was a let down too, but I really liked the increase in character interaction. I was a Lightsider too. I also thought KOTOR2's ending was a lot easier to accomplish. Christ, in KOTOR1, I had to restart the game two or three times becaue my character caught got in a bug, or he was incapable of winning the game. Korriban always chills me to the bone. I'll be really upset if they don't make a third game in the series.

KOTOR2 is actually better than 1 - but only the parts that actually got finished. The ending part of the game (everything after the reunion in dantooine) is simply incomplete. The last planet is a very ugly mess. Unfortunatelly, Obsidian had to send the game to the presses BEFORE they could finish it up, because of lucas arts. If they have had the time to do it right, it would probably have been the RPG of the Year.

But I liked it, Nar Shaada was trully excellent. and the story concept was even better than KotOR 1.

first time i played 2, i was a light side weapons master with a double bladed lightsaber, and damn i kicked ass. i got it for my birthday and had beated it a few days later (didn't do anything cept eat quickly and sleep for a couple hours total). when i finally beat it, my first reaction was "that was it!?!?" i agree that overall, the story was rushed and incomplete, but the individual planet stories were better than the first, IMHO. i really hope the third gets done, cause i want to find out what happens to Revan, my favorite dark lord of the sith (vader is a close second)

The first time I played through Kotor I had to restart from scratch because I got a bug in the malak fight that made him just stand there and not get life from the remaining jedis. I also found out the importance of force immunity and force breach, both essential for beating malak. Traya was hard but nowhere close to as hard malak. I thought the floating lightsabers to be a bit much, especially since she just stands there while they chase you.

In Kotor my favorite planet was Korriban, although I liked the star forge and the rakta homeworl as well, in the second I like Dxun/Onderon.

It is too bad it was such a rushed job, you can see it throughout the game. There is a downloadable extra planet that was not totally finished, it's supposed to be a droid factory world, where you would find out who is sending those HKs after you.

I'm playing now as a sith under a jedi sentinel, should be interesting.

and supposedly Kotor III is in the works, not sure how far in though.

Kotor 2 is great right until the end, when they mess it up by not completing it. The scripted lines retrieved from the game files by fans are very interesting.

Telos is great. The dialogue with Kreia, Brianna and the Exile about free will and determinism is top notch. And yes, Nar Shadaa is really good.

d3r3k said:
Where did you hear this?

Star Wars Knights it seems that Kotor III exists in some form, although it might still be in the very early stages.

Delance where did you find the dialogue that wasn't used in the game? It is really too bad that the ending is such a let down. I was really excited when I saw TSL on the cover I figured it was going to be even bigger battles than the first. Darth Nihilus was kind of a push over and Sion isn't that hard if you pick the right convo choices so that he loses his wil saves....

There is a lot of unused dialogue in the game files.
And you can dowload the higher res PC media files (movies and music) and install them in the game.

Can you download the droid factory on the xbox? I didn't see a LIVE compatible download option like in the original KOTOR.

I don't think you can actually download the droid factory planet. I know it was dropped off the game, but never saw it for dl.

Some funs are trying to reconstructed the lost parts of the plot. The movies are lot, of course, but they can do animations and other things with the files left on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back