Kitty Litters ???

grr . . . my connection is too slow to download those . . . anyone wanna burn them to a cd or dvd for me?

For free, obviously, to keep it good and legal :)

You are entirely "the man", sir. (And, at this particular moment, about 5 posts away from 10,000. Yikes.)

Bah, LOAF beat me to it. But here is what I was going to post...

GeeBot said:
Well, she had the title princess, which would make one think that she was a sibling (seeing how Thrakhath was the crown prince). However, in Saudi Arabia, there are thousands of princes; this is mainly because King Faud or whoever it was married a huge harem of women to unite his kingdom (tough job, but somebody had to do it). So I suppose you could have something similar in the Kilrathi empire, and that particular princess might have been only a half-sister. Another possibility is that she's a princess from a deposed clan (Ki'ra?), and the title is a mere courtesy; I tend to think this would be highly unlikely, though, since it would imply a certain lack of ruthlessness on the part of the usurpers.

Considering the audience, and the writers' presumed background, I tend to think that the Western idea of what constitutes a princess would imply a direct blood relationship; they both certainly share a number of character traits.

I always wondered if she got killed flying one too many missions (as Thrakhath came close to a number of times), or if she was still hanging around when Kilrah when blooey. Hrm, time to watch that episode again...

BTW, another mention of Kilrathi females was in Freedom Flight... Hobbes apparently had an unconsummated thing for one of the priestesses. Personally, I thought that was the best part of the whole book, and wished they had gone into the rebellion at Ghorah Khar in more detail, instead of spending so much time on getting drunk on Firekka and rescuing the Firekkan hostages. Maybe, if there's ever another Wing Commander book, they can make it focused on the Kilrathi, instead of treating them as mostly bit players.

I wonder what Kilrathi songs and poetry sound like? There's mention of them in the novels (in one of Blair musings, I think?).

Do Kilrathi have poetry and music? Maybe military stuff, like the Drakkhai anthem:

"Kilrah, oh Kilrah
You cannot defeat the Drakkhai
Great planet of space
For the emperor we sharpen our claws
For the Empire we fight
You cannot defeat the Drakkhai "

There's something on the WC3 explaining how they don't have all the "soft" stuff of our society.

Yeah, the Drakkkhai rock. Why, just the other day, I was saying to a friend of mine: "Man, you know what really rocks? The Drakkkkhai." And he replied: "Oh yeah, I love the Drakkkkkhai so much." Everyone can agree that the Drakkkkkkhai rock a whole bunch. Let's hear it for the Drakkkkkkkhai!

You mean in the fourteen minutes between when Delance made it up and when you asked? No, no one recorded a song of it.

You forgot the other most important verse of Kilrathi history ever:
You pathetic descendant of monkeys.

Hmm . . . I thought there was an already existing Drakhai song . . . I guess there is, and that just wasn't it. Either way, I'm considering putting it to music . . . unless Delance has a problem with me doing that?

Go right ahead, but the credits for writing it are mine.

Ed, that line is for a common Kilrathi pilot, not fort he elite Drakkhai.

overmortal said:
Hmm . . . I thought there was an already existing Drakhai song . . . I guess there is, and that just wasn't it. Either way, I'm considering putting it to music . . . unless Delance has a problem with me doing that?

There was that parody song I wrote... Pretty Fly, For a Drakhai...

I see . . . so, are ya really gonna put those WCA episodes on a disc for me? Just making sure you actually meant it . . . it must be nice having high-speed. Best I EVER get is 42k, and I typically just get 31k. 31k sucks.

Me too! me too!
eheheh, no way, it would be too expensive to mail it here. I'd better just download it with my spiffy DSL.
But, Delance, don't have the hi-res version?

Back