Kilrathis Saga - Achive for posterity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashpoint

Rear Admiral
Seeing as how KS is so rare these days, has there ever been an ISO back up made of the disks?

It came to mind simply because I seem to have misplaced me KS disc 1 while moving house recently and I realised how crappy it would be if any version of WC ever disappeared without trace.

Also, if I got lucky enough to find someone who has a copy but won't sell, would copyright restrictions still apply if I copied disc 1?
I have all 4 other disks, the box (I think) and the manual, so it's not piracy at all.

You're certainly within your own rights to keep backups for your own use. I wouldn't worry too much about losing Kilrathi Saga without a trace; there are plenty of copies out there...

... but we may already have lost one game, Wing Commander 2 SNES... and we should probably pursue a project like this for backing up things like particular versions of the disk-based games.

You're certainly within your own rights to keep backups for your own use. I wouldn't worry too much about losing Kilrathi Saga without a trace; there are plenty of copies out there...

... but we may already have lost one game, Wing Commander 2 SNES... and we should probably pursue a project like this for backing up things like particular versions of the disk-based games.

Might want to consider doing it for the Mac based SWC.

Was WC2 SNES ever actually released?

Demo CD?

Is that different than the SWC demo I sent to you years ago? (God did that ever suck to upload back in the 90s!)

Cool. I may see if I can find someone to do me a sneaky copy of Disc 1.
Losing stuff is my number 1 hate when it comes to moving house.

Demo CD?

Is that different than the SWC demo I sent to you years ago? (God did that ever suck to upload back in the 90s!)

I think it's probably that one -- if you still have a copy, we could use it (the file we had on the CIC server was corrupt).

Hmm. I might be able to acquire a copy. My dad tends to be a pack rat when it comes to his old computer stuff so he might have either the machine itself that the demo was stored on or a back up of said machine. I'll see about asking him next time I talk to him.

I was a subscriber to IMG for a long time although I doubt my father has kept many of the CDs. I used to think IMG was the greatest thing ever. Every month a CD would show up with all the latest game demos...it got me into quite a few games especially my other great gaming love besides WC...Marathon.

Speaking of rare things, I was working at GAME (a UK store if you're not familiar) when Prophecy came out. We got a white disc with the logo on it and a trailer. I'll see if I can rip it if you're at all interested (and provided I can find it)

I put the word into my dad to go through any old backups he has to see if he can locate the demo. Keep your fingers crossed. He's pretty good about saving almost everything when it comes to his old computers. If he doesn't have an old backup I know he still has the old machine, I just don't know if it runs anymore.

Found it last night but forgot my camera last night.
The disc contains the standard Prophecy trailer ('Long ago the prophet Sivar.....')

Will get this to you guys tomorrow :)

It applies to your country's local policy and the User License Agreement note of the software included in the box.

AFAIK kilrathi Saga included the standard EA policy/ULA, that allowed you to "keep" one backup of the game(Actually if you are smart you play the backup, and keep the original safe in order to make another backup if your first).

Your best bet for getting a real awnser would be to e-mail EA and ask them about how they think about it, given the availability of KS and that you can prove you own the original game.

Also, does anyone have an ID about this and Original PSP games and the PSP-Go, that nog longer has a UMD-drive but only onboard flash?
'

In my opinion, which I know it's not actually world law :), if something is no longer on sale, then copying it cannot be pirating.

That's not exactly the same thing.
I'd pay to download a copy, or buy a copy, but I can't. If EA want, I'll copy a mates and send 'em a cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back