Kilrathi War.

papachulo10

Spaceman
Alright the war is all over and all i have to say is what do you think about it? I mean was it a good fight? Was it humanity's darkest day or even its finest hour? Were we too nice to the Kilrathi after we beat them or did blowing up their planet suffice? Is Maniac as good as he says he is or not? Did we win because of luck or because of our superior race?

Our victory over the Kilrathi was a fluke :)
No, honestly I hated the way WC3 ended. I am a great fan of the Kilrathi and I hated the way WC3 depicted the Kilrathi: primitive, bloodthirsty barbarians. And their ships were so inferior I wondered how Confed could have had so much trouble. And BTW destroying an entire planet with all its unique cultural riches (oh I forgot, the Kilrathi do not have any culture that is worth preserving) is not better than anything the Kilrathi did (most of their brutal deeds have been invented/stated in WC3, e.g. the Anna Magdalena incident). So I would say it was not humanity's finest hour and it was mostly luck, because the programmers made the Kilrathi so stupid and inferior (in WC3).
And Maniac rocks!

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 02-21-2001 at 18:01]

one of WC3 biggest problems,too little enemys,didnt feel like a war........then the novel fixed that :)

I too say that the victory over the cats was a fluke because they were winning the war and it was only through extreme luck that first the temblor bomb was made, and second that blair's run was successful. On the otherhand before the cats tricked confed into accepting the false truce, confed was winning the war and doing a good job of it as well. If only Confed hadn't taken the truce, or if it had, it had spent the time building up newer and more ships as well as repairing and refitting old ones, rather than begin to dismantal them.

Its amazing with just one bombing run they surrendered. With their numbers in fleet and fighters, it must have been a fluke. But fortunately they did give up and peace is abundant. I still say that Dragon fighter should be around even in WCP and SO. Even tho it may have been "overkill" for that time period, it is in no way an outdated or unusable fighter. As Tolwyn said, who will protect us when the next race tries to dominate us. He was correct. In WCP and SO, we were darn lucky the bugs didnt decide to send their entire fleets on us. Question would be, is the victory over the bugs a fluke?..Hmmm.....

RFBurns

That wasn't a fluke... it was skill :)

The victory over the bugs wasn't a fluke. I mean, if one carrier and a few other ships can take them all out, they can't be too great. The Kilrathi should've been able to handle them on their own.

[Edited by Cricket on 02-21-2001 at 18:38]

Originally posted by Fenris
Whoa, how did we get from the Kilrathi War to how good the Dragon is?

Well, had it not been for those darn Kilrathi cloaking ships encountered way back, I doubt that Confed would have developed any cloaking ship at all. So in retrospect, we can thank the Kilrathi for pushing Confed into the development of a cloaking fighter, and the most notorious one is of course, the Dragon!

RFBurns

Originally posted by papachulo10
Alright the war is all over and all I have to say is what do you think about it?(...) Was it humanity's darkest day or even its finest hour? (...) Were we too nice to the Kilrathi after we beat them or did blowing up their planet suffice?..

I think if we allow ourselves to slip into the shoes of Confed, what were they supposed to do??
I mean, the Kilrathi's whole ambition was to conquer/destroy the whole universe right?? THEY hhad to be the master race, they knew no mercy and even one of their best elements of nobility, Hobbes, proved to be a traitor!

I think that when Blair destroyed Kilrah, the Kilrathi were spoken to in the only language they understood: violence and destruction. Even Melek, the Kilrathi you encounter during the Price of Freedom, considered Blair as a hero aftwerwards...
In a way, Blair "freed" the Kilrathi from the base of their culture, to destroy other civilizations, that was put into their heads by (apparently) this alien civilization that visited them...

If we look at: https://www.wcnews.com/enc/part1.shtml

at the year 1600 BC, we find:
Originally posted in CIC Timeline section
'Star Gods' appear in the Kilrah system, finding the uncivilized Kilrathi unworthy of their advanced technology. The aliens promise to return and destroy the Kilrathi should they ever fail in combat against another race. This becomes a pillar of the culture of Kilrah's developing society.
[/B]

There it is!! So we actually did the Kilrathi a favor didn't we? What do the rest of you guys think about that???

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a great fan of the Kilrathi. Theirs is a very honorable race. Maybe so only within itself, but still honorable. Wc3's ending wasn't very good. It would have been a whole lot better if the two giant fleets could have fought. Then who would have won?

Originally posted by Zor Prime
...Wc3's ending wasn't very good. It would have been a whole lot better if the two giant fleets could have fought. Then who would have won?

Probably the Kilrathi, their firepower was much greater: look what happens if you fail a mission in the sector before Kilrah! Straight to Terra which faces destruction :(

So I guees you can't disagree that oblivion of the motherplanet Kilrah was Confed's only option...

Originally posted by Zor Prime
...Wc3's ending wasn't very good.
I played both WC1 & 2 before playing WC3 and I wonder if they were trying to keep with the pattern - you know, play a bunch of missions leading to the BIG KILL.

The Confed fleet had been quite good. Unfourtunately it was decimated twice. First, at the begining of the war at McAuliffe. Then again, just before WC3 during the Battle of Terra and the leadup to that.

TC

We are humans, so the official and good ending iswhen we win.If you live in Kilrah the good ending is the kilrathi wining.

I think that when Blair destroyed Kilrah, the Kilrathi were spoken to in the only language they understood: violence and destruction. Even Melek, the Kilrathi you encounter during the Price of Freedom, considered Blair as a hero aftwerwards...
I fully agree! Also, if you're married, you should beat the hell out of your wife/husband every once in a while. After all, the only language the opposite sex understands is violence! Hey, they'll respect you for it!

In case it's not obvious enough, yes, the above paragraph is sarcasm; I simply don't see how anybody could possibly think that "the only language [insert race/nation/sex/whatever here] understand is violence".

Originally posted by Quarto

I fully agree! Also, if you're married, you should beat the hell out of your wife/husband every once in a while. After all, the only language the opposite sex understands is violence! Hey, they'll respect you for it!

In case it's not obvious enough, yes, the above paragraph is sarcasm; I simply don't see how anybody could possibly think that "the only language [insert race/nation/sex/whatever here] understand is violence".

Hey come on Quarto! You know that what I meant only applied to Kilrathi...

Of course, I see you are a believer of human nature, you have hope in the human kind. Well so do I! Believe me! But just take the time to look at all what the Kilrathi have done! On the first encounter with the spaceship Iason, they opened fire with [b[ absolutely no reason [/b]! They then began pillage and destruction, together with several ship attacks, of Terran Confed worlds...

They showed absolutely no sign of mercy, and whenever they proposed a peace treaty, it was solely in the intent of double-crossing...

That's why I said the Kilrathi were "freed" when Blair destroyed Kilrah! This alien race they had encountered in 1600 BC apparently subjugated their minds, and gave them a bad idea on how their culture should evolve...
When their world was obliterated, perhaps any such link with the idea they had to destroy all other races also vanished...

Do you see my point? The "language of violence" statement only applied to the Kilrathi, Quarto! In no way I am a worshipper of violence, I just think destruction was the only option Confed had, and I maintain that opinion!

No, I do not see your point. I know that you were referring to the Kilrathi and not to anybody else. But how is that different? What do you know about the Kilrathi? They haven't done anything that some human wouldn't be proud of, whether it be murdering thousands of innocents or creating beautiful works of art.

Originally posted by Quarto
But how is that different? What do you know about the Kilrathi? They haven't done anything that some human wouldn't be proud of, whether it be murdering thousands of innocents or creating beautiful works of art.

HEY! Is this your faith in human nature, "anything that some human wouldn't be proud of"???
How can you deny the truth!? You might be a Kilrathi fan and admire their ways and their code of honour in battle (and I think even I do admire their battle strategies), but they have absolutely no signs of humanity, and that's a fact!! And that's because the storywriters/Chris Roberts made them so...

As a result, so signs of mercy or anything of the kind.
I know it's sad, but that's how they were meant to be... :(

Originally posted by mpanty
HEY! Is this your faith in human nature, "anything that some human wouldn't be proud of"???
How can you deny the truth!? You might be a Kilrathi fan and admire their ways and their code of honour in battle (and I think even I do admire their battle strategies), but they have absolutely no signs of humanity, and that's a fact!! And that's because the storywriters/Chris Roberts made them so...
Melek did had the oportunity to kill Blair after he destroyed Kilrah, but he didnt.
The kilrathi helped Pliers develop his cloacking gadget in return of Blair and Maniac saving them in WC4.
The Kilrathi joined confederation to fight the nephilim.

So this show that the kilrathi have honour, in battle and out of it. Shows that they can be resonable beings and dont just understand violence. If so they would kill Blair and attack the confederation even with the bugs killing them.

And doesnt Maniac is alway braging that he 'killed more cats than most ships entire assignments'?

[Edited by KillerWave on 02-21-2001 at 23:28]

Back