Kilrathi War.

2 things, NOTE

1. TIMELINE : Quote: The Shata trade space travel technology to the Kilrathi, and are in turn slaughtered. For the first time the Kilrathi leave their own biosphere.

The kilrathi slaughtered the Shata for no reason whatsoever.All teh Shata did was trade a possible weapon with the shata

Quote : The Utara arrive on Kilrah, bringing with them jump drive technology. The Kilrathi wipe out the peaceful aliens, taking the technology for themselves.

Agai, they kilela peaceful people, teh only provacation this time being it might benefit them.

2. Also, not what Blair said in the Breafing room:
Semi-quote: But the Kilrathi have a whole army out there" So basically, the Kilrathi could still have won the war, losingn Kilrah only broke their Empire, leaving them in disarray.

On Kilrathi dissent against Thrakhath:

I do not remember the name of the pilot, but in the WC3 novelization, there is a Cat pilot who is portrayed as typical, who thinks that it is long past time to reach an honorable truce with the Humans, as two equal predators.

Also, has anyone forgotten the views of Jukaga and his father, Vakka?

Also the Kilrathi stated that they were visited by a "god race"(propaganda or not, that is what they say), that said that if the Kilrathi were beneth then and if they fail in their conquest they would come back and kill everthing.
Also there were a lot of Kilrathi that belived the same thing that Hobbes.

The cats were in for it. When I destroyed Kilrah, I felt NO remorse for teh kitties. This is partly because they killed millions of defenseless humans, and other races.

If someone acts like a mad dog, they will be shot like a mad dog. That's what happened to the Cats. They murdered the Shata/Utara, conquered the Gorth, Sorn, Wu, and Hari. (Any others I missed?) They slaughtered innocent civilians, and would have kept going, until they got their balls kicked between their teeth, at Kilrah.

Those who are saying that the Cats shouldn't have had to be crushed like that are making the same mistake that many Humans did in FA. They thought that the Cats were just like us, but they weren't. They were aliens, who thought in an alien mindset, completely dominated by killing. In fact, if they didn't have other races to kill, they would just start killing each other.

Well, if you put things that way, we sould also be killed, after all busy fighting stupid wars and killing inocents just because one nation wants another to behave the way the want too.
At least the Kilrathi never lied about who they were, like we do, we are as much asssasins as the Kilrathi, make no mistake about it.

We didnt brutally slaughter races. We saved several races such as Varni refugees and the Firekkans. And I could care less about our Interhuman wars and te Kilrathi intercat wars. And why the hell did the cats evolve into.... cats?

Originally posted by Dragon
Well, if you put things that way, we sould also be killed, after all busy fighting stupid wars and killing inocents just because one nation wants another to behave the way the want too.
At least the Kilrathi never lied about who they were, like we do, we are as much asssasins as the Kilrathi, make no mistake about it.

So.. you're willing to sign up for the Voluntary Human
Extinction Movement (http://www.vhemt.org) ? :)

Yes, human beings are bizarre, irrational and occasionally
cruel creatures. But hey ... we also produced Mother
Theresa, Gandhi, and many others. For myself, I am
content that the human race should continue :).

The Kilrathi did nasty things, but they were not exterminated, just stopped. If the Kilrathi were not
exterminated, why should we be?

Perhaps one day some other people will find it necessary to contain an aggressive human race. But that time hasn't come
yet. If so, I hope that they would contain rather than
destroy us. Until then, I'm going to go on believing that
we're the good guys in the universe. Silly, I know.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Originally posted by pendell

content that the human race should continue.

Perhaps one day some other people will find it necessary to contain an aggressive human race. But that time hasn't come
yet. If so, I hope that they would contain rather than
destroy us. Until then, I'm going to go on believing that
we're the good guys in the universe. Silly, I know.

Hey guys, listen to wise cadet (eh eh, I just graduated :p) pendell (or Brian), he has some really good points.

I mean, there are bad guys and good guys on Earth, it turns out (at least I hope so) that there are more good guys than bad guys, to the contrary of the Kilrathi.

Like pendell, I have faith in human nature, that although there are some jerks that do not care at all about what happens to Earth's environment or to other people beyond themselves, we might survive thanks to the work of those that fight this kind of behaviour.

Technology's advancing, I'm hoping they'll put it to good use. In the WC Terra history, the Terrans stopped fighting each other right? There was that incident which gave rise to the Price of Freedom, because Tolwyn had one a bit nuts, but that was all. Ultimately, human intentions are good.

Oh, and I am pleased to know that in the novels there are some Kilrathi that do not appear as bloodthirsty as I would expect them to be :)...

The games dont add much to the Kilrathi culture, like the novels do.
My post is that humans do look bad if we remove the good points, the same aplies to the Kilrathi.

My post is that humans do look bad if we remove the good points, the same applies to the Kilrathi.

Of course humans look bad, they always have.

But they don't go to foreign civilizations and fire on them without warning. Hell, humans have done a lot of bastardly stuff, look at the American colonization, by English, Spanish and the rest... AWFUL! Incas, Aztecs, Indians, all slaughtered...

Yet, the humans MADE CONTACT, prior to conquest, they did not just annhilate the whole native nation for fun, or for bloodthirst!
Moreover, there was a reason (as unjustifiable as it might be) for their actions: they wanted either land, riches, goods...

For the Kilrathi, the reason was FEAR, from the Star Gods, but was it, ultimately???
Did the Kilrathi really have a reason for all they did??

Nice, you forget about us, portuguese...
And did you say the incas? spain wipe out that civilization because.
a) Gold.
b) Imoral (for ours eyes) religion.
c) because they could.

Need I say more.....

Also the Kilrathi belive that humans were inferior to then, they did not wipe out those races, they were the Kilrathi Slaves.
They attack the humans to do the same that we did to those civilizations, conquest, slaves, land.....

[Edited by Dragon on 02-22-2001 at 18:36]

Nice, you forget about us, Portuguese...
And did you say the Incas? Spain wiped out that civilization because of:
a) Gold.
b) Immoral (for our eyes) religion.
c) Because they could.

Need I say more...

LOL!! I knew you were Portuguese, Dragon. Beats my ass, I'm Italian :)...

Oh by the way, I also forgot the French and the Dutch (straight from Colonization by Sid Meier)...

Originally posted by pendell

content that the human race should continue :).

[/B]

For every Theresa and Gandhi we also have a Hitler, Stalin, Milosovich, and Sadam Huissan, or for that matter a Tolwyn.

Weird the way depiction of the Kilrathi changed between games. Somehow all the positive sides of the Kilrathi seen in WC2 (like in Ghorah Khar) were never seen in WC3 (aside perhaps from in Melek). I'm not sure how much time passed between 2 and 3 but I doubt it was long enough for the Empire to have thoroughly dealt with the 'traitor' worlds. Maybe they took a week out to nuke 'em and returned to the war more resolute than ever (hehe).

In any event, I quite like the WC3 ending. Even though the Victory's campaign is seriously damaging the Kilrathi war effort, the Empire still clearly holds the advantage. Confed knows that it's just a matter of time before the Kilrathi go for Earth. They also know that in a showdown between the two fleets, the Kilrathi would cut them down. So the only way to beat them is by attacking their ideology. In their culture, warriors "live and die for the Emperor" and for the glory of Kilrah itself. "All roads lead to Kilrah." To destroy it is to cut the heart from the Empire. It may be desperate, and many innocent Kilrathi will die, but it's either that or kiss all our butts goodbye.

From the gaming point of view, having the fate of your race rest entirely in your hands on one longshot suicide mission is more satisfying than merely being one of a thousand fighters in a huge battle between the fleets as it is isolating you as the only one who can get the job done. Makes you feel more important.

That's what sets WC apart from other sims where you're just a generic 'pilot', just one of squad. This is good because your performance elevates or reduces the status of your entire squad - and that's important - but you never feel quite as appreciated as you do in WC. It's less personal.

Griffin: Not only Melek but Hobbes as well embodied the "good" cats. Hobbes and Melek were both "good guys", now it is your turn to say that hobbes was a traitor. Then I say that no Ralgha was a traitor to the confederation, Hobbes was a traitor to the cats

No-one's denying that the human race is capable of some downright evil acts, and sure maybe it's a cliche, but we also have the capacity for great good and compassion. We just gotta have faith that in the final analysis there's enough people with the right ideals and the courage to stand up for them.

Otherwise, what's the point of going on?

And also the cats, Look to that colony that joins ConFed, plus most klirathi belive that the current emperor was a low bread fool, in fact Sivar pristess have said that the war with the Humans would last 6 moths, 30 years later the war is still going.
The Cats treated the other races like they were ants, but since he start to prove your valor to then, things start to change.

Back