Kilrathi Voices

Sphynx

Commodore
Hello, folks.

Well, I think you can tell that I am a real fan of this project. There is only one thing about it that dampens the experience for me: the Kilrathi voices. I know they are the originals from Privateer, but they just don't seem to have the same passion and predatorial ferocity as the other recorded Kilrathi voices in any of the other games. The voice effects are fine, but the speaker ends up sounding a little emotionless (like Kilrathi on Prozac), especially when giving some of the juiciest lines about feeding people to the void and whatnot.

So, my own solution: make my own Kilrathi files. I shared them with the developers, and they thought they were good. However, for good reasons they want the original files to be included in the remake. However, I am willing to share my new Kilrathi files with anyone who wants them.

I've wanted to find some way to post a sample. I don't have any webspace, and the forums won't take .mp3, .wav, or .ogg as an attachment. Is anyone aware of any other ways I could post a sample? I'm willing to share for those who might want it, I'm just not sure how to go about doing it.

Have you tried zipping or raring them up? Then you would have a .zip or a .rar extension. You could always post it as a jpg, but you have to keep the file sizes under 100K.

<shrug>

I don't know, I'm grasping at straws.

W.

Hmm... the total file with all of the voices is about 2MB, so we're looking at files from 100KB to 200KB each. I have them zipped, maybe I should try that. I don't think any of them would fit as a JPG, unless I zipped the individual files. I'll see what I can do.

I guess if anyone wants them, I can e-mail them, as well.

I'm glad you like them, hellcatV. I'm sure more people would enjoy them if I could get them out. I'll keep looking for a way to do it. But, if anyone's interested, drop a line and I'll e-mail them to you for now.

Okay, I may not be able to get to it until Monday, but I'll send it on out. Feedback is welcome.

We could probably host them. They are quite small compared to the betas ;) I'll put them up when I get back to my broadband, if hellcat doesn't beat me to it.

Well, hosting would be great. That would save me from e-mailing it to a bunch of people. Incidentally, would the hosting be at sourceforge.net, or some other locale?

I believe I had two seperate zips, one with the general Kilrathi speech, and the other with the mission specific stuff. In 0.9, are there any new Kilrathi mission specific lines (I haven't downloaded it yet)? If so, I think I'll make those as well.

And yes, feel free to redistribute the files at will and so forth.

Back