Kilrathi smell

Yeah, although I like fur I think furries are weird. Granted, they don't harm anyone so it is their business I guess. It's just that I don't fully understand it.
I love my furry cat and furry dogs and furry rabbits and so on, but I don't want to be furry myself. I don't get it.

I've actually known quite a few furries because of the Wing Commander fandom over the years, and I have to say that to a man they're just a great group of people. Very intelligent, very kind people... it's a shame the internet decided to spend so much time picking on them for being "weird," but I think that's about over now.

True that, I don't really see a difference between a furry, and LARPer or a cosplayer.

Furries aren't really costume people. Certainly there are furries who do costuming, but the actual fandom is about anthropomorphic animals... so, imagine just you and instead of Wing Commander you like things like Disney's Tale Spin cartoon.

LOAF I see what you mean maybe Im just painting them all with the same brush (which I really shouldnt) just because the one I know likes to dress up and do some very strange things.

That's right.
I was a LARPer once and it was quite fun (you may laugh in my face now but I actually played a Romulan in a Star Trek LARP), and when we went to cons we met quite a lot cosplayers, which normally are just people wo are really into costume design and also wearing those costumes (although the most important is the making of the costume).
The Furries I met at cons (I admit it weren't that much, maybe five or six) were also really nice people and not nearly as 'weird' as they are described on the Internet. It just looks funny that the cosplaying ones run around with fur and ears and tails and stuff. Most of them are pretty undistinguishable from the other guys at cons, they just love all the furry aliens and fantasy animals.

That said, I have enough of a furry in me that I may not be the one to judge whether furries are weird or not. :D

you may laugh in my face now but I actually played a Romulan in a Star Trek LARP

Haha don't worry, plenty of people here own Wing Commander uniforms and have worn them in public. :)

I kind of really like the furry fandom... their conventions seem to be really accepting, friendly things. I'm not into animal people, but I kind of wish I were sometimes. I'm sure there are weirdos and bad furries... but that's true in any community!

Right. If I learned anything going at cons it is that there are super nice people and also huge assholes in every community. :D
....maybe I should try the crossover move: I make a Kilrathi costume for myself and go to a furry convention. the Thrakhath costume would rock!
(I should have bought the Melek head when it was for sale some years ago. But it was soooo expensive, damn...)

Still it would be interesting to make a Kilrathi costume :D

Joe has Hobbes, too! The full body.

Here's a picture of my cat, you can't smell her:

AsKyseDCAAAc8Ow.jpg

Well, you *could* gather some of her fur with a brush or something and send it to Germany, and then I could....
ahh.. nevermind :D

This is going to be fun :D
Actually I did some more research on cat smell lately. I visited some friends who have multiple cats and I sniffed them all. And they were really aromatic. I was surprised that the males didn't smell much different from the females but then I think both of them weren't real males anymore, which might be the reason for that...

btw: I love the smell of cats in the morning :D

Managed to find a wild cat you could smell? :D And I'm pretty sure "catsniffer" might be an apropiate callsign for you...

I don't normally visit the CIC forums, but when I do, I pick the weirdest threads. :D

Keep up the good work, Aginor.

Back