Kilrathi Saga... where buy it now?

mpanty

Keen Commander
I'm looking for online stores that might actually SELL the Kilrathi Saga package...
I know it's old, came out in 96, but maybe someone could help me?? :)

I've already tried the Origin website, but they redirected me to EA.com (because apparently EA bought ORIGIN...), and the EA Store does not even have Wing Commander Prophecy!!

So if anyone knows... :)

Unfortunately, KS was a rather limited release -- copies of it are few and far between... they go for upwards of 150 dollars apiece on eBay (http://www.ebay.com).

Thanx but...

I just checked ebay and I'm not ready to pay $200! Even for a HUGE WC fan I think it's really too much... :(

Originally posted by mpanty
I'm looking for online stores that might actually SELL the Kilrathi Saga package...
I know it's old, came out in 96, but maybe someone could help me?? :)

I've already tried the Origin website, but they redirected me to EA.com (because apparently EA bought ORIGIN...), and the EA Store does not even have Wing Commander Prophecy!!

So if anyone knows... :)

Relying on EA/OSI is like trying to squeeze apple juice out of an orange. Might as well stand in front of an oncomming train and hope it stops on time.

RFBurns

Originally posted by RFBurns

Relying on EA/OSI is like trying to squeeze apple juice out of an orange. Might as well stand in front of an oncomming train and hope it stops on time.

RFBurns
[/B]

nice metaphor there, and unfortunately I guess you're right...

What a shame for fans... :(

I actually saw an on-line store with 1 copy of KS, just a couple of weeks ago. Only problem was they were selling it for 200$.
I can`t really remember the name, not that it really matters, since it`s probably long gone by now.

LOL it was probably an auction site, not an online store ;)

Which online store would sell a game, even a rare piece of work, for $200???

If you're really lucky, you may be able to find it at a small no-name software store. That's how I got WC 4 a couple of years ago. It was really cheap too! Look around in your phone book, and call the small software stores in your area. It beats spending $200 or more for it.

YUP... and "may the blind goddess of luck be with me" (sorry guys, I don't want to launch a debate on this: IT'S JUST AN ITALIAN EXPRESSION!)

Any collector will tell you that finding a rare item cheap is a once in a million chance. Most collectors will happily pay what price is being asked. It may sound far fetched, but 300 bucks for a game that is no longer made, and with a collection of the games WC1-3 optimized and all is not too high a price, considering many are still looking for it. But to pay 300 bucks for it, then turn around and try to sell for 500 just to make a buck, youre wasting time cause the buyer will look for the 300 buck price rather than the 500. But try small town software stores, the mom and pop stores etc. Sometimes there are liquidation sales held at fair grounds and such, maybe have some luck there. Good hunting!

RFBurns

Ok, I see your point, but I don't see the "Kilrathi Saga" as a collector item... I have to admit that under the circumstances it is, but hell, it's three games for God's sake, that were worth together at the time they came out LESS than $200!!!

So fine, $200 or more is for the collectors fans, I'll go for the hunting in cheap stores (although in Canada I'll find that even harder probably :()

I got it a few months ago on ebay in good condition for $130, its all realy luck the price fluctuates
Its well worth having though :) I'd never played WC1+2 and it was a treat, especially WC2

You know, I actually thinking about calling EA in here and ask about KS, I dont know if they recived it in here or not, perhaps they could still have some copys for me to buy.

That would be awesome, but I don't think it's possible they still have copies, while some other guys are spending $200 to buy it on ebay...

I got my Kilrathi Saga from the discount shelf at Electronic's Boutique for $19.99 back when it was still available in stores. I don't understand why so many people waited until it had appreciated by 1000% before wanting to buy it.

HEY!! In France I didn't even hear it came out at all!! If I knew, I would have ordered it from the States!! Only the European part of EA/Origin chose not to release in Europe probably (maybe it was released in GB, I don't know).

So now I'm DYING to find it, not because I didn't seize the chance to buy it, but because I DID NOT HAVE ANY!!

I never knew about it and by the time i did, i almost had forgotten about WC but then I rediscovered it and now I am back and big into it and I missed out on the KS, I am keeping my eyes open on e-bay

Back