kilrathi saga wc1 and wc2 question

jimrh69

Spaceman
A while ago I got wing 1 and 2 from kilrathi saga as freeware from pc gamer, I had heard there was a way of going into the game files somwhere so you can set the game for invincable, can anyone help me find out how to do this?????? :confused:

To enable invincibility, use a text editor (such as WordPad) to edit the "wingcmdr.cfg" and "wc2.cfg" files for Wing Commander 1 and Wing Commander 2. Just add "-k -b" to both files and you should be impervious to damage. I suggest making a copy of each file before doing this just in case you screw something up, though this is very unlikely.

Why do you want to be invincible by the way? It's much more fun and satisfying to complete the games normally.

luminon said:
Why do you want to be invincible by the way? It's much more fun and satisfying to complete the games normally.

My thoughts exactly. With setting of game difficulty not available till WC3, they are too easy to even warrant using invincibility. In fact IMO the only hard missions are the Kurasawa mission in WC1 and the destroy Ralatha w/ Jazz mission in WC2, but even those can be beat after a few tries.

ok thanks but where do I put the -k -b at when I open the config file this is what I see(c27 c25) so where do the others go in what order. could you show me. THANKS for the reply

Back