Kilrathi Saga problems...

Ok, i got Kilrathi Saga (finally!) yesterday and ive noticed a couple of problems.

Problem 1:
In Wing Commander 3, the videos skip a bit. Its annoying considering you cant understand what people are saying, and the "clicking" noises are earpiercing... I dont have a sound card in my PC, the sound is intergrated onto the motherboard.

Problem 2:
The joystick, at first, didnt work at all. I re-installed the software, so now it works.. but in-game, after a couple of seconds, it decides to die on me, regardless of what game. I cant do anything with it, turn, shoot, speed change.. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder 3d Pro (oldish.. got it around 1995-6). This problem only happens when im in-flight.

Problem 3:
When Wing Commander 3 starts, the mouse always goes down and right. I know its another problem with the joystick, which can be corrected (after alot of time and effort) by doing the Calibrate Joystick button... this is just an annoying little thing i wanna get rid of.

Can you guys help, and what info about my system would you need?

Thanks!

These all sorta seem like driver issues perhaps.. Driver you have now conflicting with KS. Having an old joystick and using motherboard sound could be an issue as well. You might try playing with the duplex/acceleration/etc options for the sound card and toggling polling/etc on the joystick.

The Joystick Polling worked. I tried the acceleration on the sound... no diffrence exept when it's set on no acceleration, the movie's framerates drop dramatically. Even with a tiny bit of acceleration, the movies play normally but skip like hell. I could take the sound card out of the old computer, but i dont know if it would be compatible with this one... (Its a Soundblaster 16 sound card)

Kilrathi Saga and WC1

Hi.
When I try to run WC1 fromt he Kilrathi Saga, it exits back to the desktop after I click the Start Vega Campaign box.
So far, WC2 works fine.
I am using Windows 2000 SP4. I have an ATI Radeon 9000 series video card.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
George

How

How do I change to Windows 95 for wc in windows 2000

Thx, that worked great. Finally after years I can play wc1 again!!!!!

Back