Kilrathi Saga and Win98

lovecraft

Spaceman
When I quit WC1 it does not restore my desktop resolution. I can't access the majority of my screen as only 1/4 of the the upper left corner is visible. I have to reboot. Any suggestions?

Nick

High,

When I quit WC1 it does not restore my desktop resolution. I can't access the majority of my screen as only 1/4 of the the upper left corner is visible. I have to reboot. Any suggestions?

Nick

!PUSH UP!
an old thread, but I have the same problem (besides a joystickproblem - which is probably realated to the hardware).
Edit: It is a Radeon 9000 built in.

Is this on a laptop? Can you access display properties and adjust the resolution manually?

High

Is this on a laptop? Can you access display properties and adjust the resolution manually?

ok, my posting was not really informative. Sorry. Btw. - the grafics board changed meanwhile.
My system:
WIN98 SE
DirectX 8.1
Mobo: Soyo SY-6BA+ with Intel 440BX & the newest drivers for that chipset.
http://soyo.com/product/Intel_Pentium_III/28/SY-6BA%2B/50
CPU: Celeron 500 with an adapter card in slot1.
Memory: 512 MB 2x128MB SDRam 133 & 256MB SDRam 133
Grafics: NVidia Ti4200 64MB AGP Driver 77.72
Zeckensacks newest Glidewrapper.
Sound: Right now it is a AWE32, but the results were the same with SB Live!, a SB CT4750 and a FM801 (what I have in stock).
Joystick: Gravis Blackhawk Analog @ Gameport - works great under DOS with all WC-games and also other games. Recognized & calibrated perfectly under Windows
Network: Realtek PCI Card
HDD: 15gig & 8gig
CDRom: LTN244
Mouse: Logitech USBMaus
Resolution is set to 1280x1024 on a Eizo F730 monitor

The problem:
WC1/WC2: Start is perfekt, sound, mouse functioning, moving thru the carrier functioning - ok so far.
I don't do anything just move to the barracks and leave the game. Back to Win, the screen resolution is @ 320x200.
When I want to calibrate the Joystick with 'ALT-J' the system freezes completly and I have to restart with a cold reset.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?
Hardware?
Settings?
May be I'm the problem, because sometimes it's possible to oversee the obvious things.

Okay with the nVidia Software it is no problem to get back to the usual 1280x1024 resolution. Puuuuuuuh.

Hey, I finally got the Kilrathi Saga from E-Bay in perfect condition. :) 86 Euros

High

ok, my posting was not really informative. Sorry. Btw. - the grafics board changed meanwhile.
My system:
WIN98 SE
DirectX 8.1
Mobo: Soyo SY-6BA+ with Intel 440BX & the newest drivers for that chipset.
http://soyo.com/product/Intel_Pentium_III/28/SY-6BA%2B/50
CPU: Celeron 500 with an adapter card in slot1.
Memory: 512 MB 2x128MB SDRam 133 & 256MB SDRam 133
Grafics: NVidia Ti4200 64MB AGP Driver 77.72
Zeckensacks newest Glidewrapper.
Sound: Right now it is a AWE32, but the results were the same with SB Live!, a SB CT4750 and a FM801 (what I have in stock).
Joystick: Gravis Blackhawk Analog @ Gameport - works great under DOS with all WC-games and also other games. Recognized & calibrated perfectly under Windows
Network: Realtek PCI Card
HDD: 15gig & 8gig
CDRom: LTN244
Mouse: Logitech USBMaus
Resolution is set to 1280x1024 on a Eizo F730 monitor

The problem:
WC1/WC2: Start is perfekt, sound, mouse functioning, moving thru the carrier functioning - ok so far.
I don't do anything just move to the barracks and leave the game. Back to Win, the screen resolution is @ 320x200.
When I want to calibrate the Joystick with 'ALT-J' the system freezes completly and I have to restart with a cold reset.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?
Hardware?
Settings?
May be I'm the problem, because sometimes it's possible to oversee the obvious things.

Okay with the nVidia Software it is no problem to get back to the usual 1280x1024 resolution. Puuuuuuuh.

Hey, I finally got the Kilrathi Saga from E-Bay in perfect condition. :) 86 Euros

You could check the properties of the exe and see if there are any color options that might be checked that could be messing it up. How are you exiting the game. Does it still mess it up if you exit through the door in the barracks/ship compared to alt-x? You aren't tabbing out of the game and shutting it down in windows are you?

About the joystick, does calibrating the stick in windows not do the trick?

High;

sorry, right now I don't have the time, but in a couple of days I will post the results of all the tests - WC1,/2/3 I have to run.

Do you have specific drivers for the monitor that you might be able to download and install as well? Alt+tabbing out to the control panel and calibrating the joystick in Windows while Kilrathi Saga is running in the background might help.

Back