Kilrathi Darket Light Fighter (WC3) 3D Model

dczanik

Rear Admiral
Greetings!

I created a 3D model of a Kilrathi Darket Fighter from Wing Commander 3. Not finished, just a Work in Progress. I modeled a cockpit, but I don't think I've ever seen the inside of a Kilrathi cockpit before. So, I guessed. Do you ever see the inside of a Kilrathi fighter?

Click to see video of textured model:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQu_ljkqEM

I'd like to create better textures, and rework the cockpit area and wings. Not sure what to do with the hull texture though & I accidentally left a bright red splotch on top that i didn't pick up until after rendering. oops.

Was really excited about it, until I saw Howard Day's amazing Broadsword model. It made me feel like my model was crap, so I thought about just tossing it aside.

So, would anybody be interested in me finishing it? If so, I'd like to share it with other WC fans.

Attachments

• kilrathidarket1.jpg
    kilrathidarket1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 184
Looks pretty cool to me.

We see a handful of kilrathi cockpits throughout the series though I don't think the Darket is one of them. There's a dralthi in the WC 1 secret missions, and then all the ships in Armada that you could use for reference.

1. There is no such thing as "too many 3D models on the market"

2. Kilrathi ships, especially WC3-era are a rare commodity (compared to WC1 and 2 or Confed ships)

3. Your Darket looks awesome

I really like what you've done so far, especially the cockpit.
In case you need some additional inspiration, here's Howard's Cockpit Reference Pack http://download.wcnews.com/files/fans/cockpit_referencepack.zip
The Armada part contains many Kilrathi designs, i've also added a SWC Dralthi Cockpit you usually don't see much.
That said, the pointy red screens in your Cockpit reflect very nicely what we know of Kilrathi design philosophy during WC3.

Attachments

• SWC Dralthi Cockpit.jpg
    SWC Dralthi Cockpit.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 197
Dude! Looks great as a start - as things always are, though, these things don't really come alive till the texturing and lighting are done. I frankly love the cockpit - looks exactly like what I'd expect a WC3 era Kilrathi cockpit to look like. Nicely done! The only thing I'd suggest is if you're going to get the camera that close to the hull, perhaps higher-res textures are in order for the external parts? Or even just those parts directly around the cockpit...that'd help immensely.
I'd love to see this thing with some nice, moody lighting, and a space-y background.

Good job!

Back