Kilrathi Clans

Really? Where was that? I had the impression Kirha's personality was quite similar to Hobbes (as opposed to Ralgha).

Originally posted by Wedge009
Funny how soccer is a non-contact and non-violent (I think) sport, yet it generates the most passionate violence. <Thinks of South America, England, Europe...>
You're thinking about Basket Ball, where touch = foul. Soccer involves a lot of contact, tackling, pushing around, all at the limit of regulation.
As for the violence part, there are sadly violent supporters everywhere in the world, but the same goes for virtually every sport. It's just that since soccer is so popular, there's more of them...
Originally posted by pygmypiranha

*LAUGHS* I just pictured the Kilrathi playing soccer... hillarious...
Eheh! They could make a inter-planetary cup or something, Kats vs. humans... :D

While we're at it, is there any other sport beyond Zero-G squash in Wing Commander ATV, that is mentioned in the WC universe?

Originally posted by mpanty
While we're at it, is there any other sport beyond Zero-G squash in Wing Commander ATV, that is mentioned in the WC universe?

There was something mentioned at the tail end of the news briefing in the introduction to Wing Commander IV. Don't remember exactly what it was, though, and I'm much too lazy to actually run the game and find out.

Kirha's death

Kirha committed suicide after hearing about Ian "Hunter" St. John's death. The report of the kat's death was in False Colors, near the beginning (though the exact area escapes me, offhand)

I am not so sure about the Cats playing the humans in any sport.... the cats are so much better than the humans physically. It would be a little uneven.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

There was something mentioned at the tail end of the news briefing in the introduction to Wing Commander IV.
Yeah I remember. 'Twas the Galactic Cricket Cup I think...
Never understood people that play cricket... it's even worse than baseball! :D
(just kidding, I don't want to get flamed by cricket-baseball fans :) )

P2 has Basketball, Deathball, Gravel Rash, Dart Tennis, Tri-D Pool, Mech Ball and Rugby off the top of my head. There are probably more.

Back