Kilrathi Assault Transport's Shipyard

Cyberion

Master of Orion
alright, while the work on texturing Sheffield is going on, i've started modeling this Kilrathi transport (you may see it in WC4). So here is the results so far.

kilrathiasstransport017gz.jpg

kilrathiasstransport0124qf.jpg

Looks great! I'd suggest that it might be a "Naktarg-class Assault Shuttle", first mentioned in False Colors.

Right now (you can fly an assault shuttle, BE SURE TO FIRE WITH FULL GUNS IF YOU DO, or you can watch one spawn in a capship battle) assault shuttles eventually spawn infantry which ram capital ships, shoot grenades, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. Then when they hit the capship or base they pull out welding torches and start attacking the armor since they're past shields. That's all they do for now. I am (tempirarily) using the ejection seat model for them.

Try to fly an assault_shuttle for giggles.

spiritplumber said:
Right now (you can fly an assault shuttle, BE SURE TO FIRE WITH FULL GUNS IF YOU DO, or you can watch one spawn in a capship battle) assault shuttles eventually spawn infantry which ram capital ships, shoot grenades, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. Then when they hit the capship or base they pull out welding torches and start attacking the armor since they're past shields. That's all they do for now. I am (tempirarily) using the ejection seat model for them.

that's bizzare! but i like the idea ;)

spiritplumber said:
SWEET!!!!!

I better get cracking on the infantry behavior now ^-^

Infantry behavior? If it moves, it's a VC, so I shoot it. It if doesn't move, it's a smart VC, so I shoot it.

And then I go to the... ahh... bar, and get some... ahh... drinks. And then the locals make some comments about their Centurion beating my Stiletto... And then someone from my unit comes by to bail me out of jail.

"infantry behavior" - sorry, I just get an instant image of drunk and disorderly, not welding torches and grenade launchers.

lol, it's not complete, but sure for a begining i can convert it to obj and send to you untextured. Also you will have to scale it yourself, if that's ok, i'll do it right away ;) than when the final mesh will be ready i'll send you the final. So should i send?

[EDIT]: alright i've sent you PM with the link. Also, maybe you want that i do the same thing to Sheffield? that way you will have the model and on the later stage you will need just replace the old untextured one with the new textured one.

alright can you see those two beveled boxes on the left part of the shuttle? That's where the guns should be. What i need to know is do i have to model them? or you will use ingame guns to put to the ship or what?

I think those guns should be modeled. There are only two anyway. So the red particles will be flying from them hehehe so should i model them? after finishing modeling those gunz, the model itself it pretty much (some few fixes and additions) done and will be put on the process of texturing.

spiritplumber said:

Wow...that's so crazy that I like it...

I uploaded a release in which infantry is WAY TOO STRONG -- will have to fix that. Other than that, how does it look?

By the way, it's shuttle.template not assault_shuttle, sorry

The code for infantry has now been fixed and both assault shuttles respond correctly -- now it needs a texture, which I cannot do.

Other textures needed are the jump rings, and the Sorthak, coz I messed that one up.

well as i said Spirit, i'll send the final textured version later. I'm a living human and have a real life problems, job and all that kind of stuff, so I can't work full time here (30 hours) ;)

Also I've been choicen a main beta-tester for this game -> http://www.metalheart.ru/english/index.html
So this will reduce my free time dramaticaly.
Just recieved email 3 hours ago. So tomorrow will go to their office to sign the contract and take the copy of the game ;)

Also as i know we are far from the end of the WC:U, so do not worry, you will get not only the textured Shuttle, but Sheffield and Dorkathi as well to the time you are done ;)

Whee!!! Thanks!

No worries about the Shieffield right now, Dorkathi is more urgent...

Or you could just tell me how to add textures to your .obj files (I couldn't the usual way with Deep Exploration, something about an UV map not being there) so I don't have to bother yo with it.

wow. metal hearts looks like fallout on steroids @_@ awesomeness!

Back