Kilrathi Aces

Raptor48

Spaceman
Is there a full list of Kilrathi Aces anywhere? (particularily the aces appearing in WC2)

I know there's the following (from WC1):
Bhurak Starkiller
Khajja nar Ja'targk
Dahkhath nar Caxki
and Bahktosh Redclaw.

I'm playing WC2 right now and I ran into "Kur" (who quickly killed me and my wingman).

But I don't know any others from later games. Also, if possible, their respective flying styles.

Yeah, the 3 aces in WC 2 are Rakti Blooddrinker (Sartha), Kur Humankiller (Grikath) and Khasra Redclaw, brother of Bakthosh (Jalkehi in WC 2, Gothri in SO 1) and of course, Thrakhath at the end of WC 2 in his Bloodfang.

In WC 3 (PC Version) you fly against Najji "Fireclaw" Ragitagha (modified Darket), Marjakh "Stalker" nar Kur'u'tak (modified Strakha), Bhuk "Bloodmist" nar Hhallas/Som'mers (modified Paktahn), Prince Thrakhath (Bloodfang) and Hobbes (Thunderbolt VII).
The manual also mentions two other pilots you don't encounter in the PC version: Dakhath "Deathstroke" nar Caxki (Dralthi IV) and Kramm "Deathfang" nar Caxki (Vaktoth).

You can read about them in the WC 3 manual (Victory Streak) or the Kilrathi Saga manual both are available at the CIC IIRC for online view.

In WCP some Kilrathi fighters in the simulator are named after the WC 3 aces.

Do we know how many kills Thrakhath had to his credit? For that matter, what about highest scoring cat aces of all time?

Dakhath "Deathstroke" nar Caxki (Dralthi IV)?

I thought we wiped the floor with his sorry butt in WC1? And we know from SM2 that Dralthi II's don't have ejection seats... (so presumably Dakhath's Dralthi I didn't, either).

Since they didn't have ejection seats, maybe he just opened the hatch and jumped out? Or perhaps he was alive in his twisting left-over hulk of a fighter as it was recovered.

I thought it was only the MKII that didn't have an ejection seat, not the one you shoot down in WC1. Also, I'm pretty sure the WC3 Deathstroke is his son.

Dakhath "Deathstroke" nar Caxki (Dralthi IV)?

I thought we wiped the floor with his sorry butt in WC1? And we know from SM2 that Dralthi II's don't have ejection seats... (so presumably Dakhath's Dralthi I didn't, either).

I see, you haven't read the most excellent S*S yet. Do it at once. :)

The Deathstroke in WC 1 is Dakhath nar Sihkag, the one in WC 3 a nar Caxki who modeled his life after the WC 1 Deathstroke.

Also, S*S explains that only the SM2-Dralthis have no ejection seats.

A lot of Kilrathi aces you shoot down during the games make a reapperance in Arena:

Kur "Human-Killer" (WC 2), Bhurak "Starkiller" (WC 1), Khajja "The Machine" (WC 1), Marjakh "Stalker" (WC 3), Bhuk "Bloodmist" (WC 3) and Najji "Fireclaw" (WC3). Maybe even some more.

I don't know if any of you ever got the chance to play SWC but Khajja The Fang in SWC was close to impossible to kill, and the constant taunting drove me mad. Argh he must have made all 99 of his kills off me re-flying that misson over and over til I got it right.

There were difficult to kill aces in SWC?! And yet it played very close to the original, which was my favorite, or so they say... curse you college, for drying up my funding!

The Redclaws were awesome.

Are there any aces in WC4 or any other WC games or is it just the three?

You can consider Seether an ace I suppose. But WC4 also has a whole bunch of generic "ace" pilots. They show up ace on your VDU but are never named. Prophecy has a similar thing with the red mantas for example.

Well, you certainly have the opportunity of flying against Vagabond and Maniac, as well as Hawk, Panther, Primate, etc... I think they all have more than 5 kills...

Back