Kilrathi 2629.105

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gunner

2629.105: Lason encounters a spacecraft of unknown origin. Commander Jedora
Andropolos on board lason transmits a wide-band, nonverbal greeting and waits for a
response. less than twenty minutes later, the still unidentified ship opens fire with full
lasers, completely destroying lason and it's crew. Although the identity of the attacking
ship is never definitely established, Con federation deep space tracking computers point
to a possible point of origin from a previously unexplored plant, soon to be known by it's
native name, Kilrah.

ok.. Hum.. Why?? Why did the Kilrathi shoot them??

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

Because that's the type of creatures they are... They live, in the time of the games, for war. It was what their civilization was based upon and without it they fall into civil war.

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Because somebody at Origin is a big Known Space fan
smile.gif
?

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They spent a few minutes researching Shakespeare and decided to destroy the Iason 'cos it represented humanity which represented Shakespeare. (Sorry, personal vendetta - I have to do essays on his works, and that is NOT fun)

------------------
- Arnav 'Dexter' Manchanda
http://www.blacklance.org/dexter

I had to do that like 2 years ago.. I liked it..

I mean we are friends with the cats now. Why doesn't someone ask them why they did it..

------------------

~Gunner~

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited January 06, 2000).]

Dexter... That was one of the biggest non-sequiters I've seen in a while
smile.gif
But somehow you linked it to Wing Commander... I'm very, VERY proud of you. It has entertained me to no ends <j/K>

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

The commander of the Kilrathi ship meant to open a comm channel but "acidentally" hit the button that fired the main weapons. Acidents happen... That people is what happeneds when you drink to much.

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.

smile.gif
Yeah right deadman. Do you know what really happened?? Nothing worse than a drunk Kilrathi..

------------------

~Gunner~

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited January 07, 2000).]

And when the Kilrathi captain got home he blamed the Confed for firing at him first. But (IIRC) what really happened was never exactly clarified.
See how easy it is to start a war that lasts 30+ years!

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

I thought that the Kilrathi made up some BS about thinking the confed comm transmission was a primitive form of weapon. That's what I always thought, but I could be wrong.

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

I wonder if Niven is proud of the mutation of his creation...

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

The Kilrathi commander (Brath'kar nar Caxki) believed that the Iason was "attempting to neutralize his shields with wide-band radiation".

Although this would *seem* like a fake story, note that it appears in the official Kilrathi history of the war -- not something humans would be privy to.

------------------
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick

The Wing Commander CIC

Really? That's what they think Confed was trying to do?? That's so stupid..

------------------

~Gunner~

The entire first contact thing is based on the short story "The Warriors" by Larry Niven.

------------------
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick

The Wing Commander CIC

What LOAF is talking to is in the historical section of "Voices of War", the manual that comes with WC Armada. It gives both the Confed and Kilrathi views of how the war started. The Confed beleived they were trying to make contact with the ship while the Kilrathi believed they were under attack from a low powered weapon (or so they say).

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Yes, the cats died in "The Warriors" -- in a manner similar to that the Kilrathi *believed* they were being attacked according to Voices of War
smile.gif

------------------
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick

The Wing Commander CIC

ROTFL

That is so true Kalkrath

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

LOL Kalkrath, At least if Gates was a traitor everyone who wants to kill him would be alowwed because he would be fair game. Not that I have ever had any thoughts like that...
smile.gif

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back