Kilrah run survivors

Chernikov

Spaceman
Does it ever mention how Maniac and Vagabond made it back from being shredded in the outskirts of the Kilrah system, and if Flint survived as well?

Flint didn't survive. Maniac was captured and interrogated onboard a Kilrathi dreadnought. All that's mentioned re: Vagabond is that he ejected.

If you go by the novels, Flint died. IMHO, she wasn't in the Kilrah run. Too bad they didn't go with the aborted Prophecy script that reunited the crew of the Intrepid and Maniac and Flint; I always thought it was a better storyline.

jedi2187 said:
If you go by the novels, Flint died. IMHO, she wasn't in the Kilrah run. Too bad they didn't go with the aborted Prophecy script that reunited the crew of the Intrepid and Maniac and Flint; I always thought it was a better storyline.

i havent seen it... where can i get my hands on this... "script".... hrmmm??

:D

The script is a fake - it was submitted to Origin by a fan in '97 (late in the development of WCP), and was never considered (or even read, as a legal precaution).

Gods...how could you think that was a real script? Its sucks amazingly, and Im not even half way thru
not only it looks more like a movie than a gain, without any references to missions, but its filled with mispellings and mistakes
I wont even mention the fact that characters are not asking right and the completelly unrealistic (to not say stupid) scenes
The flash packs lock on the capship, then suddenly let go and clue to the dragons?
not to mention how Blair located a cloaked Dragon and tugged it back to another system (still cloaked!)
This must have been written by a 12 year old kid...

I must stop reading before i have a mental breakdown...

- K

Yeah... well, its believability plays off of the fact that when Prophecy came out the developers cited an "uncut" version of the script that they couldn't afford to shoot. This isn't it - but the authors claimed (and may actually have believed) that it was.

When you actually look at this one, though, it's clearly just a fans wet dream.

I liked the part where the Midway met up with some Confed reinforcements, 11 other Midway-class supercarriers and 8 Behemoth class dreadnoughts.

okay, I made that up. I can see the benefit of keeping such an historic document around... but someone should notify the maintainers of that webpage that they're misrepresenting that poopoo pile as something it's not.

Bandit LOAF said:
The script is a fake - it was submitted to Origin by a fan in '97 (late in the development of WCP), and was never considered (or even read, as a legal precaution).

When it appears on an Aces website, you have to wonder as to its veracity... I was going to post about this when I saw it elsewhere, but LOAF beat me to it. :D

Flint, according to the novel, died when a Kilrathi blew her to bits in the Kilrah run. Vagabond's fighter went up on the way into Kilrah well beyond the first asteroid base, though on p. 353 it mentions that Vagabond did hit the ejection switch just before the end. Maniac's pod managed to hit orbit during the same run Flint died, so we know he survived.

But Flint is dead, while Rachel survived to get bitter at Blair, dumping his ass by WC4. :D

How "official" is all this supplemental material, like the novelizations and WCA and the movie and so on. WCA and the movie seem to be nearly irreconcileable with the games. And while I've seen a few good attempts to incorporate it all, it just doesn't work for me, I tend to go by the games and games alone when it comes to story outcome.

I don't recal a reference to Flint in WC4. That means she *could* have survived and just been cycled elswhere in confed.

And, as I hate to see women die, particularly the hot ones, but even Cobra (lol), I'd prefer to leave it a mystery. lol

Bloodspray said:
How "official" is all this supplemental material, like the novelizations and WCA and the movie and so on. WCA and the movie seem to be nearly irreconcileable with the games. And while I've seen a few good attempts to incorporate it all, it just doesn't work for me, I tend to go by the games and games alone when it comes to story outcome.

I don't recal a reference to Flint in WC4. That means she *could* have survived and just been cycled elswhere in confed.

And, as I hate to see women die, particularly the hot ones, but even Cobra (lol), I'd prefer to leave it a mystery. lol

The novels are 'officially' how things happened. You'll notice that in the WC4N, Blair gets promoted to Brigadier General - a rank that, with a TCS Navy transfer, turns into Commodore (O9), whereas his previous Colonel rank only translates as Captain (O8). Look at Blair's rank in WCP - he did get the Brigadier General promotion as stated in the WC4 novel, and he did get dumped by Rachel in the beginning of it, as the manual for WCP notes that Paladin's happy at how Master CPO Coriolis and Blair seem to have buried the hatchet (which dates back to WC4).

Nobody questions Action Station's veracity, at least when it comes to the early part of the war, and the other novels are official sources, as stated on the back of each (the Battle of Terra is documented in Fleet Action, after it appears in the Voices of War manual, and the events of End Run are chronicled in the Kilrathi Saga manual). The novels are tied into the games, and vice versa - you can't ignore those in favor of the games, since events in novels are linked to what happens in the games.

Academy and the movie I'll leave for others to defend, however. But one thing I will mention - like James Bond, Bluehair/Blair is not allowed to keep a romantic attachment past a single game. That is why Angel gets transferred out by WC3, only to die before the game takes place, and why we never see Rachel in WC4. :D

Yeah, a lot of the WC3 novel ending made it into WCP's ICIS manual - the most obvious is Maniac talking about having been shot down on the Kilrah in his interview.

I recall Maniac talking about the Kilrah run in WCP ICIS, I forget what exactly killed flint but I think it was by a swarm of kat fighters...

Dundradal said:
I recall Maniac talking about the Kilrah run in WCP ICIS, I forget what exactly killed flint but I think it was by a swarm of kat fighters...

He notes he was the 'last wingman' on that run. He doesn't talk about how Vagabond and Flint buy it, but both did - Vagabond had to eject just before they entered the first asteroid base, thus making it a one-way mission as the Kilrathi discovered the supplies there meant to get everyone home.

Flint goes up when the first swarm of Kilrathi fighters comes down after Blair and Maniac, before Thrakath shows up to tango with Marshall and Blair. He notes that Blair pulled the trigger, but that those who did the real fighting (Maniac) didn't get credit. He also states that Blair transferred into the navy after WC4. The WC4 novel ended with a promotion for Blair, which carries over and dovetails quite nicely with his current rank (O9).

I'm a little confused now - how did he transfer over to the Navy? Wasn't he a navy pilot? If not, what was he? And what did he do/become after the transfer?

Bloodspray said:
I'm a little confused now - how did he transfer over to the Navy? Wasn't he a navy pilot? If not, what was he? And what did he do/become after the transfer?

Play WCP. He transferred over to the navy after the thing with Admiral Tolwyn, and put himself to work designing new carriers. The Midway is his brainchild, and he was a Space Forces pilot who made his way over to R&D instead. about which Maniac says 'which if you ask me is a much better place for somebody of Blair's limited talents'. :D

Haesslich said:
Play WCP. He transferred over to the navy after the thing with Admiral Tolwyn, and put himself to work designing new carriers. The Midway is his brainchild, and he was a Space Forces pilot who made his way over to R&D instead. about which Maniac says 'which if you ask me is a much better place for somebody of Blair's limited talents'. :D

It's been a long time. I tend to play the entire series over again from time to time. And this means that I've played the early games the most. WCP maybe twice in total.

Space Forces pilot? What is that? Actually, is there a good reference for the breakdown of the Confed military? I've always assumed that carriers would continue to be equipped with Navy pilots. Even after the transition to space.

Interesting jump from pilot to starship designer. Wonder what kind of schooling he got for that, and when he had time. lol From the academy to Vega sector, to Caernarvon to the Concordia to the Victory to retirement as a farmer, to the ones in WC4.... doesn't seem to leave much time.

Back