Kickin'! They used our ideas!!!

Grimloc

Rear Admiral
Alright! Someone listened to that real old post where we discussed what had happened to Blair. I noticed the Lost Universe storyline was extremely close to some of our ideas! Hats off to these awesome guys for doing something the others would not do: use the ideas of the ones who will play the game.

------------------
"We're going to the same freakin' jail cell anyway."

I don't think they should bring back Blair though. Just let him rest in peace.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Well, even though the scenario proposed is a) unlikely, and b) cliche'd as all h*ll, they are of course welcome to do it, and I wish them the best of luck.

They'll need it.
wink.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing didn't like there was the go back to the jet design outfitted with bullet based weapons (Stormfire). Is the Stormfire from WCP still a bullet based weapon?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

I HATE the Stormfire in WCP
redface.gif
!

[This message has been edited by Stardust (edited January 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Stardust (edited January 20, 2000).]

Stormfire in Prophecy is prety weak, but I wouldn't say I hate it. Though the stormfire was much better in WC4.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

The Stormfire's great. Just the thing for those pesky Skates. And it's also great for shooting down torps.

I like it, high rate of fire, high velocity, fair damage potential it's a good weapon in general and a great weapon in some senerios.

Kalkrath: Actually, when you're in a Devastator, you have the Plasma gun. That's all you'll ever need.

Well, with the Dev, it's a 50/50/90 choice...
wink.gif

(50/50 chance, and 90% of the time you'll choose the wrong one)

Personally, I use the plasma on the Dev. Yeah, its refire rate is absolute sh*t, but if you've good aim, most fighters will die with one shot. (*foom* *kaboom* "Next!"
wink.gif
)

In the Shrike, I use the CMDs, which are almost as effective against fighters as the Dev's plasma, in terms of damage.

IMO, about the only fighter where the SF2 is my primary gun choice is the Piranha, as it's main armament sucks. (2 lasers and an ion? What were they thinking?! Even an Arrow, using tech over a decade older, can beat that.)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

I think that the Piranha is supposed to be more like the Ferret than the Arrow. It's a Patrol Fighter (that was the Ferret's classification too).

Anyway, I've always found Squids annoying. Which is why I love the Plasma gun
wink.gif

I found the Piranha to be a good light fighter, the SF2 is great to take down armor, after you soften up the shields. It has average number of missiles, but a good pilot can make a good use ot them, the shields and armor are fairly strong for a light fighter. Plus all of the missions you fly in the Piranha are easy.

Well, of course they were easy. They were at the start of the game
smile.gif
. If you'd have a Piranha mission on the third CD, you'd probably have to work quite a bit to finish it.

Yeah, but the missions in the begining are the kinds of missions the Piranha is made for. And IMO it performs prety good on them.
wink.gif

------------------

Back