Keyboard Problem

Dare Devil

Spaceman
Hi!
First of all I'd like to tell you that I find it awesome that you've dedicated so much time to such a great game! It was always amongst my favs.

Still, I have a problem with the keyboard setting. When I press a key then it does not always produce the desired result. An example for this is when I try to dock through the communications menu. I press the "0" key but nothing. This could be because I am not using the US keyboard device driver but I don't know.

Is there a way to adjust the default keyboard setting manually?

"0" only requests docking clearance. Unless you're using the 1.1 beta (I don't think so), in 1.0 it brings the docking clamps (some green/red boxes) if you're not too far away.

To actually dock, get close to one of the docking clamps (or, if your difficulty level doesn't require them - medium or less I think), press "d".

You can adjust any key binding by taking a look and editing vegastrike.config. You'll see lines like:

<bind key="<key here>" modifier="<ctrl|none>" command="<command here>">

Just find the right command, and change the key. Note: "d" is just the letter d, while "D" (capital leter D) is SHIFT+D.

Back