Katt Games Master Keyboard

Jibbo

Rear Admiral
Anyone ever seen one of these things? (See attached files)

It's a Katt Games Master Keyboard.

Here it is with the Strike Commander keyboard overlay. Apparently there's a Wing Commander one that you can buy. Anyone seen these before, have a spare WC overlay?

Attachments

• kattgamesmaster.jpg
    kattgamesmaster.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 252
  • strikecommander.jpg
    strikecommander.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 256
Nope, I'm in the same position -- I found the actual device a while back, but not the Wing Commander overlay.

I did some research a while back and found very little... the company apparently went out of business very quickly, and didn't sell many keybaords (which would make ones for a game as simple as WC even rarer, if even manufactured, I'd think).

There's another brand, the Master Pilot made by Quickshot, which is much easier to find and has cards for most of the WC games... looks cooler, too (like a modern jet VDU, and it lights up and stuff). There's also simple 80s-ish keyboard overlays from companies for Privateer and Prophecy out there...

Actually, I've talked about this before -- I'd love to paint a real keyboard to look like the WCP keyboard matte. Someday, when I know someone who's good at painting things...

Bandit LOAF said:
Actually, I've talked about this before -- I'd love to paint a real keyboard to look like the WCP keyboard matte. Someday, when I know someone who's good at painting things...

Hmm. That might be an interesting project. I'd go with airbrushing everything though. Paint's just too thick and clumpy.

On another note, I'll be in charge of maintaining a nice 44" wide Epson printer within a month. If we ever have any large things that we might want to print... maybe reproductions of posters and such or large star maps I should be able to get them printed at a very good cost.

Back