Just thinking about a thing

that last post's made me think...

Hmmmm, could we be mistaking energy discharges in a gaseous cloud with explosions here?

I'm thinking about something similar to a neon light here...

We must be able to, since we serve in nebulas a bunch... <G>

Plasma weapons cause radiation, blast and heat damage... Tachyon guns cause... uhm... tachyons!

Maybe tachyon weapons work in a way similar to what tachyons are. Tachyons are supposed to particles that travel faster than light, and therefore have an inherited accelerated time travel abilities, something like built in 4dfx card. Maybe by decelerating them you alter their 4dfx abilities in a away that they cause damage. It could be death by gravity.

Another answer could be this: Since tachyons naturally move faster than light, they will try to recapture their speed after deceleration. Since this takes lots of energy, the particles take it from wherever they can get it, i.e. the atoms that make up the hull of a ship.

In each case, the tachyon guns cause "sub-nuclear" or quantum damage.

[Edited by Meson on 06-12-2001 at 03:54]

Originally posted by Meson
Another answer could be this: Since tachyons naturally move faster than light, they will try to recapture their speed after deceleration. Since this takes lots of energy, the particles take it from wherever they can get it, i.e. the atoms that make up the hull of a ship.
[Edited by Meson on 06-12-2001 at 03:54]

what grade are you in? thats a good theary

He's in the "I work at NASA" grade. (Well... I don't think he's started to yet... but you get the point.)

TC

Originally posted by TC
He's in the "I work at NASA" grade. (Well... I don't think he's started to yet... but you get the point.)
Well congrats!! It's a great job to contribute sending stuff and people into space! <G>
My dad works at the European Space Agency (ESA) himself! :cool:

There's gonna be a part from "us" too on the International Space Station up there! ;)

Meson works for NASA like I work for STAR COMMAND.

And that's how I got those metal plates put in my feet.

Back