Just got Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro. Will attempt to make a profile for UE.

Andropolos

Spaceman
If anyone has one, I would be most helpful, if not, suggestions are always welcome.

And since I just got it is there a way to add {FORCE} to a profile or does it need to be hardcoded.

When I do, I will send it to the proper authorities :)

If you guys like it, you can make it as a download for those of us with that joystick (and other products that support it)

It really does add a lot.

Thanks in advance!

(First ideas, to use some keys the way they are in Starlancer)

Well, here is the profile

Trigger-> Fire Gun
Shift+Trigger-> Change Gun
Fire2 -> Match Speed
Shift+Fire2 -> View Damage
Fire3 -> Fire Missile
Shift+Fire3 -> Change Missile
Fire4 -> Lock+Target nearest enemy
Shift+Fire4 -> Navigate
A -> Decoy
Shift+A -> Transmit Message "Help me out here!"
B -> Cycle Targets
Shift+B -> Cycle Enemy Ship Subsystem
C -> Afterburner
Shift+C -> Auto
D -> Transmit Message "Attack my target!"
Shift+D -> Wasp Booster Pack

On the Gameplay menu (in all wing commander Prophecy engine games you have, meaning
Prophecy +Secret Ops+ Unknown Enemy + (coming soon! Standoff)

enable

Flightstick Pro
Throttle
Rudder

(There is also invert option- meaning push up to go up, (not the other way around
which is prevalent to all flight emulation games, but that is not recommended)

-Care should be taken that Game Controller Software emulates CH Flightstick Pro
(Don't worry, said program does that by default), more on that following:

-(Important). Go in the Profile editor window and check the following settings:
(press the settings button to go there)
--->Deadzone-> small
--->Ms Dos Emulation-> Ch Thrustmaster Pro
--->Axis swap-> Twist handle to rotate in game

-Then of course run activator. Choose your device (on my case Sidewinder Force Feedback
Pro) and then tick the empty box (after you do it, a red click should exist next to
Wing Commander.swf) YES I KNOW THERE IS REALLY A WING COMMANDER PROPHECY.sw4 on
Sidewinder Precision Pro, but my version IS BETTER :)

-Also, make sure that there its status is OK

***If you have the Sidewinder Precision Pro, change .swf at the end with .sw4
and it should work***

-Version of Game Controller in my system is 3.03.395. The .swf file was tested
and is known to work in all 3+ versions.

-Other options to consider: Use Force on its next to lowest setting (too much force
can cause you tenonditis) and return to center bias to the maximum --Note that this
of course is entirely optional. (Both those options can be found in Joystick controller
tab under settings. Everything else is used (and was made with) Game Controller software
aka the small reticle that sits in the buttom right corner of the screen and has SW with
red letters on it :)

And the file

Just sent to the Admin guys. If they want to have it posted it is up to them. If anyone wants it, post here for me to send it.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by Andropolos
...And since I just got it is there a way to add {FORCE} to a profile or does it need to be hardcoded...

Are you asking whether or not the FF effects can be utilized in UE?... If so, my understanding is that it needs to be coded into the game itself, so at present, the answer would be, I believe, "no".

If I'm wrong, others please feel free to correct me on that.

On the other hand, even if I'm right, it would be (it seems) easy enuff to have Quarto or one of the other UE team members work on some kinda patch for UE to be able to use FF fx
(or, am I wrong on THAT point?...)

BTW, I hafta say I'd recommend the Logitech FF stick instead of MS Sidewinder. I tried 'em both, and the MS stick's effects feel too, frankly, spongy and wimpy, whereas the Logitech stick (while I'm no fan of Logitech and their lousy tech support) has crisp and strong FF effex.

Re: Re: Just got Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro. Will attempt to make a profile for UE.

Originally posted by Preacher
On the other hand, even if I'm right, it would be (it seems) easy enuff to have Quarto or one of the other UE team members work on some kinda patch for UE to be able to use FF fx
(or, am I wrong on THAT point?...)
Very wrong. First up, there's nothing simple about any sort of game patching - it would take no less than HCl himself to do that. And even for him, it might be difficult. Heck, I'm not sure if HCl even has an FF joystick, without which it would be impossible for him to do anything like this.

Personally, I don't see the point, anyway. No offence, guys, but I think Mario can better use what little time he has for Wing Commander working on patches that are for everyone's benefit.

Re: Re: Re: Just got Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro. Will attempt to make a profile fo

Well my Force FX has FF effects in UE, so I am not complaining <g>.

Just grab a program that enables to program FF effects in response to joystick events. That way it is just reacting to your actions and not to the game ones (you don't get a shake when you are hit, but you do when you shoot or afterburn).

I think CCM by Sim Systems does this, but I dunno for sure (didn't work for me). My stick has its own program that even works in DOS, so I don't have any need to 3rd party stuff here.

Back