Just a minor news update

Eder

Mr. Standoff
I've updated the website again today with yet another progress report. It's not much, but I decided to post it today since I'll be studying for my finals for the next ten days or so, and Quarto will also be away for two to three weeks.

Most progress was on the voiceover front, so Tempest will get a couple weeks to sort through, volumize and filter all the new lines until me and Q come back to put them in the cutscenes and missions. :p

(I was going to get a cutscene screenshot in there, but we don't have any cutscene music yet, so I would have to convert an unfinished scene into the game just to take a screenshot - Q talked me out of it, he tells me everyone already believes us when we say "We have cutscenes!" anyway. :p)

Here's today's update:

I was going to wait with the next update until we had some more significant progress, but I might not have time to update again for a few weeks, what with finals coming up and all, so...

Most important of all, we've managed to re-establish contact with Andi Kravljaca. He's already sent in most of his lines - we still need another four lines from him for Episode 4, and just under half of his lines for Episode 5, but we're obviously much closer now than before :). We've also received all the remaining lines for both Episodes 4 and 5 for Bradshaw. In the meantime, Tempest reports that he's received a number of lines from other actors with smaller parts. So, once Tempest finds the time to process all these lines, I do believe the voiceovers for both Episodes 4 and 5 may well reach "green" status on the progress page :).

Apart from voiceovers, I've been continuing work on putting together cutscenes, while Pierre and Quarto continue working on the missions. So yeah, slowly but surely, we're inching towards release. It's still going to be a while, but this year has definitely been more productive for us than the last :).

Sounds good....the progress part not the nasty but inevitable finals. I've my own next week. Good luck. :)

Hey folks,

Things are going great on the voice-overs front. We have our primary characters rolling in their lines (And I'm not just talking about episode 4, but all of their lines - episode 5 included.) The great news is, when we round out the voice-overs for the Ep 4 release, we'll have the hurdle jumped for episode 5, too.

I've also been working on getting all of our smaller roles for the upcoming episodes sorted out. Progress has been good, and the response from previous and new voice-over contacts very encouraging. But! I may have a couple of roles left over, so if you've always wanted to hear your own voice in Standoff, this may just be your chance. :)

If you're interested, drop me a line at rileyrockATgmail.com and I'll sort you out for a sample. Remember, we have limited roles. However, things are always turning up in the world of voice-overs, so even if you're not selected for something, I'll have you on file next time Quarto decides to announce at me "Lookee! More ships! Make them sound like people!". ;)

(I was going to get a cutscene screenshot in there, but we don't have any cutscene music yet, so I would have to convert an unfinished scene into the game just to take a screenshot - Q talked me out of it, he tells me everyone already believes us when we say "We have cutscenes!" anyway. :p)

Don't let anyone ever convince you that you have too many screenshots released. :) At least it's good to be hearing updates more regularly.

Back