Just a little something...

I'm glad he got her too. I had planned a rather long and irate speech about the usefulness of admins if they do not use the power given them, but I guess I won't have to type it
smile.gif

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

Last edited by a moderator:
Frosty good to see you. Not posting much are you? Do you remember the stuff she was saying before the old board went down? I'm suprised she wasn't baned back then.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

What I remember is that many new people in the old board didn't re-register.

But, speaking the truth, I'm glad that the matter has been resolved permanently. She was really getting on our nerves, wasn't she?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Yeah, alot of her posts would probably be considered SPAM in most places. Huh. Must be used to it here,
biggrin.gif
I didn't here SPAM said anywhere.
biggrin.gif

------------------
No one is watching until you screw up, then all hell will break loose.

When I'm in the cockpit, Knight never falls.

Even if you COULD pay the price, I'd just raise it. :)

Death, have you been reading BOFH ?
smile.gif

*clickety-clickclickclick* when deleting someones account is in the BOFH style
smile.gif

TC

------------------
Member of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I wish I could fire the Fleet Plasma Cannon at her >:p

The pleasantries of seeing someone getting vaped by an overwhelming force is so... ... ...

hmm...

..pleasing ...

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

*cracks limbs*

I think the Vesuvius would wipe any Cap Ship off the face of the Galaxy easily.... no doubt about that... (you try vaping a 22km ship with your pea-shooters >:p)

biggrin.gif

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Metras, it isn't that hard, I've done it
smile.gif

TC

------------------

err... *coughs*
The game is highly over-rated at that.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Hey... Who you callin' a lady!!! <Gets ready for a fight>
smile.gif

TC

------------------

To TC:

Yeah, the B*stard Menu was where I picked up the 'clickety' stuff, though I didn't really remember about where it came from until you mentioned it.

To Metras:

The Vesuvius was only like 1.6KM long. The Kilrathi Dreadnaught is the 22KM ship, and a lot of that is empty space. In either case, dropping a big-a**ed nuke (no, not that wussie Mace) in their flight bay would make for a short engagement. Theoretically, one wouldn't even need to fly into the bay itself, if one had a bit of preparation time beforehand. Just slap an IFF transponder on the missile, and have it switch to the enemy settings just before hitting the magnetic curtain-thingy (whatever it's called), to minimize reaction time. Once inside, BOOM!
smile.gif

To Everyone:

I would appreciate it if you would all drop the Gunner/Guner case. Let's forget that sorry chapter in our collective history, and move on.

I won't get BOFHish about it, unless someone backtalks or cracks wise in any other way. You won't like me then, trust me...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

(For those who may not know, BOFH is short for B*stard Operator From Hell.)

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 09, 2000).]

#1: The SCACS said "Maybe four or five carrier groups."

The word Group indicates more than one ship. There were probably four of five Fralthi's but don't forget all the support ships (corvettes, transports etc.).
And even if the Shipkiller couldn't completely destroy a Kilrathi dreadnought, I'd bet good money it would leave a great big hole in the middle, totally taking it out of the fight.

Another thing, don't forget that older ships (WCI, II & III) probably couldn't stand up to newer WCIV & WCP/SO Ships. Plus the Vesuvius seen in WCSO seems to only be armed with Lasers, which are not a lot of use against Cap Ships with modern shielding systems.

I'd refit the Midway with tachion and chain ion turrets

If I remember correctly, turreted weapons usually only have about double the range of normal fighter weapons. While the Turreted Tachyon does have a good range, a Turreted Chain Ion would probably only have a range of 6000k. Not a lot of use against bombers launching their payloads from 15,000 - 20,000k's away!!
I'd give the Midway a couple of those Tri-Barreled Heavy Plasma Cannons off the Plunkett, or maybe the one of the Cerberus; two on each hull would really ruin a Bomber Pilots day!!!

------------------
'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wcsom/index.html

It doesn't matter what sort of turrets you fit the Midway with. If a serious attack force comes along & her flight wing can't save her, all the turrets in the universe aren't going to save her.

While turrets can't save a ship sans air cover, they do make defense much easier if they're tachs (like the Cerberus), compared to capship lasers (the Midway).

Of course, the whole idea is to keep the bad guys away far enough to where the capship turrets aren't a real concern...

------------------
SubCrid Death

Umm, if there's interior shielding, how the hell is anything going to get done? People don't have IFF transponders or phase penetration devices, nor do a lot of the equipment on a modern (WC era or 20th century) flight deck.

------------------
SubCrid Death

I think there must be a reason as to why the emitters are built on the outside, even if it's something like: "Let's just keep this simple for the audiency", or any other non-technical reason. Of course they've come up with a technical reason, but I don't know it.

If someone knows a technical reason as to why the emitters are on the outside, would you please tell us?

smile.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 10, 2000).]

<Guess Mode On>

I'm guessing that Confed hasn't figured out a way to emit the shields through bulkheads or the hull so they put it outside.

<Guess Mode Off>

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Oh, I want something sticking into them... lots of torps! So they all bite the dust...

Or are we going to make a "treaty" with the bugs, like we did with the Kilrathi? Not likely, but I think we're not going to see the end or even the middle of the story for a looong time...

------------------

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 10, 2000).]

Back