Jump Point

CptnEisen

Spaceman
what might be interesting, is to be able to go from one mission to the next while in spaceflight, I checked out old wc3/4 missions and this was how they did the jump point missions back then, when you jumped, basically another mission was called immediately with a small cutscene inbetween. Just another suggestion, but would then allow you to call a different mission with a different sector - helps really pass off the effect you've jumped into another sys - then you just carry on as normal (i experiment with this in secret ops once, was a bit of a pain, but got something close to it)

Eddieb, greets bud. I was away for a while, some real life issues. I remember you asked me once to try and make a jump point. Here is what i came with

http://www.cyberionsystems.com/flightcommander/viewtopic.php?t=52

It's the first time i'm modeling the thing like this, so i'm kinda unaware of some game-related stuff. Try to use this model so far with some game effects and tell me the results so i may tweak and enchance this model and especial its texture (thinking of using PNG with alpha channel in the future) in order to make it look sweet :p

Yep, now that Cyberion is working on a jump point model, the code associated with it is likely to progress as well.

hmmmz, can't get that link working matey - was curious to see this mesh since I've spent ages trying to create some kind of jump point effect with 3ds max - any chance of a screenshot?

the link leads to the closed forum. But here is an image for you.

It's still unfinished. I need eddieb to use it in the game in order to see what kind of changes i need to implement to the model itself and the texture.

testing14cd.jpg

Back