Jump Capable fighters....

Primarch

Spaceman
Can anyone tell me what the pre-Prophecy jump capable fighters were.

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd better wait for LOAF to get here. For all I know he might already have a list of all jump capable ships.
smile.gif
Here's what I know.

WC movie Rapier and Broadsword, Krant*
WC2: Broadsword, Morningstar, Crossbow, Sabre** Bloodfang, Gothri?
WC3: Excalibur, possibly T-bolt, Vaktoh, Bloodfang, Paktahn and Sorthak, though I'm not sure about those two.
WC4: Avenger, Excal, Dragon
All of the Priv ships that you can own.

*The Krant can supposedly be fitted with a one use JD, and sent on suicide missions.

** In FA, Tolwyn and his nephew use a jump capable Sabre to go back to Landreich. (note, that it's not some Landreich modification, but a speciall fighter given to Tolwyn so that he could get back)

And then there's the novles, with even more fighters, and I don't know about Academy or Armada since I don't have them.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 10, 2000).]

Hmm, if the Avenger is jump-capable, why do I always have to restart if I take too long returning to the Intrepid after the "take out the Lexington" mission?

Also, don't we see Darkets jumping in during WC3? I'm probably wrong, but then again...

I don't know about the Darkets, but the Avenger is most definetly jump capable. Later in the game, during the mission where you either destroy Ella, or run around it, if you take too long to get back to the Evil I you won't be able to jump. Even when in the Dragon.

Even the Arrow is a jump-capable fighter... if you're playing Armada.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

The fighters in Armada must be a lot different, seeing as they don't require a carriers support - ever. You think sooner or later your pilots would die of starvation or something, and how the Lexington managed to bring a seemingly limmitless supply of pilots, and was able to crank out all those mines and shipyards. A few more carriers like her, and the Kilrathi war would have been over in days (neglecting the fact that the Kilrathi carrier can do the same, or course).

One other little Armada question. Anybody ever think the quick combat option leads to really lopsided battles? I always seem to get battles between evenly balanced forces where the winner only loses about a third or a fourth of his force. That was between forces of 18 or so heavies vs. maybe 16 or 17. My experience was that the computer didn't give medium and light fighters much of a chance in battle, and after playing a few times me and my brother started building only banshees and gorans, with a few light fighters for scouting and transports for managing resources.

Well, the biggest problem in Armada is the fighter limit on screen at one time. It was silly to limit 2 fighters to each side. And saying that graphics limitation at the time is bs because it played perfect as soon as i got it and easily could have handled more fighters, but then again AI was very very bad. It was a wonderful experiment, enspecially at the time it came out (way ahead of its time actually). Too bad Origin never followed up on it.
frown.gif

Hey, IIRC, the Bearcat was jump capable, but I might be wrong, since we seen so damn little of it......

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

The fighters in Armada must be a lot different, seeing as they don't require a carriers support - ever. You think sooner or later your pilots would die of starvation or something, and how the Lexington managed to bring a seemingly limmitless supply of pilots, and was able to crank out all those mines and shipyards. A few more carriers like her, and the Kilrathi war would have been over in days (neglecting the fact that the Kilrathi carrier can do the same, or course).
No, the Lexington doesn't have a limitless supply of pilots - they have a total of 62 people to crew the ship and fly the fighters. Of course, this wasn't considered in the game, for obvious reasons - a strategy game isn't much fun if you can only have 20 ships. I conducted a little experiment a month ago. I kept building Dralthi fighters and cramming them onto the carrier. I had more than 200 docked before the game became unstable and crashed. In other words, Origin didn't bother to implement any limits on fighter numbers (or the space on the carrier)
smile.gif

Back