Jubilant Jolly ole Jalkehi

Andropolos

Spaceman
Ok, I admit it, I didn't remember that Kilrathi...

(runs)

Seriously it looks amazing, BUT the cockpit doesn't stand out from the rest of the ship. In fact shouldn't it be just a bit darker? (the cockpit, that is)

YES, it is the first time I have a minor criticism for an EDER ship. (See, Eder, You aren't as perfect as you thought )

;)

One side of the cockpit is darker than the other... that's the "fake light" effect I've used in all cockpits so far (look at the last screenshot and you'll notice this more clearly).

I think the position I placed the fake light effect on the Jalkehi just wasn't too good... it makes the corner of the cockpit blend in with the hull too much.

It appears to just have some dust or dirt on it or it is in-system a ways with a bright glim on the cockpit.

Chinese proverb once said, "Do not comment on stuff that one has not bothered to experience, for one who does is nothing more then an assclown."

And to Eder, I take it you upped the stats from 20dps to 40? Also, any plans on seeing any Grikath? All of the Confed carriers lost at Terra must have been downed by torpedo equipped fighter/bombers.

psych said:
And to Eder, I take it you upped the stats from 20dps to 40? Also, any plans on seeing any Grikath? All of the Confed carriers lost at Terra must have been downed by torpedo equipped fighter/bombers.

I second that. The Grikath gets far too little exposure.

psych said:
And to Eder, I take it you upped the stats from 20dps to 40?
Correct.

psych said:
Also, any plans on seeing any Grikath?
Yep, it's next in line as far as fighters are concerned... I've been meaning to get a Kilrathi capship done for ages, though, so the capships should be my priority now (I did get one done, but it has so many collision bugs I don't even know if I'm able to fix them :( ).

psych said:
All of the Confed carriers lost at Terra must have been downed by torpedo equipped fighter/bombers.
We have the Gothri and Gratha already, but I guess the Kilrathi would probably bring out all of their big guns for such an special occasion :) Therefore, the Grikath still has a good chance of showing up.

Drifiting back to torpedo fighters, will it be necessary to use torps to kill capships or will good 'ol fashioned guns and dumbfires be sufficent?

Transports and corvettes can be taken out with guns & regular missiles. Torpedoes are required for anything larger.

Hey Eder,

will the capital ships have anti-matter guns, flak cannons, gatling mass drivers, and other sorts of weaponry, or will they just have lasers?

They have all sorts of guns. Mostly lasers, mass drivers, and (in smaller quantities) Flak guns... I don't think any has neutron guns, and IIRC only one has particle cannons (the CVEs, got the info from End Run).

AMGs will be in, too, but only during scripted capship battles (such powerful guns could cause trouble in the game's balance if we just let capships use them whenever they want to).

Basically, for the WC2 capships, I kept the number of Flak turrets... then I took the number of AMG turrets, doubled it, and that's the number of miscellaneous turrets.

I just wanna fight a wing of WC1 Dralthi in the WCP engine, flying a Raptor. Man, those were the best fights. Charge in at full throttle, line up on the first dralthi and unload your entire capacitor's reserves at close range. Seven times out of ten, that dralthi didn't survive. If he did, one more volley would do it, and then on to his buddies. Mmmm . . . "Plenty of kitty asses for everybody!"

On a side note, shoudn't ships like the darket and vaktokh be coming into service around that time because the game is set in 2668 and WC3 only takes place a year later so woudn't these ships begin to enter service around then?

Eder said:
They have all sorts of guns. Mostly lasers, mass drivers, and (in smaller quantities) Flak guns... I don't think any has neutron guns, and IIRC only one has particle cannons (the CVEs, got the info from End Run).

The Khorsan class has at least one triplebarreled, heavy neutron turret. When Bear approaches the Tarawa the first time in End run he looks at the ship and notics it.

Back