Joystick problems, wc3 (not ks)

does anyone know how to increase the dead zone for joystick? i have terrible problems when i so much as breathe on my joystick, my ship moves all over the place. but when i turn more sharply its fine.

I don't believe you can do that within WC3 itself; if you're using driver software for the joystick, perhaps dead zone adjustment is part of it.

Are you certain it's a problem with the dead zone and not simply being a little out of calibration? Try running WC3's joystick calibration routine (it's in the Options section of the main console).

ive run calibration god knows how many times. as for the software, the game is dos and my drivers are windows. i dont think it can be forced to use windows drivers. and i doubt there is a dos version of the drivers for it. trouble is if i use the keyboard the ships turn at 1/2 speed, and the t-bolt and longbow dont turn at all. it makes missions quite hard really, not being able to turn. oh and theres no dead zone adjustment in the software anyway. time to get another stick i think...

Re: the slower keyboard turn rates:

Try holding the shift key while turning; it ups your turn speed to normal.

Back